Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Good morning!

TGIF

Congrats to everyone getting married this weekend!

Re: Good morning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning.
    Enjoy all the weddings this weekend!

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning!

Have a wonderful day ladies.  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  TGIF
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning - I could not say TGIF enough!

Congrats all you soon to be wifeys! Have a wonderful day!

Small  vent: I'm really peeved at my student worker. She shows up late, emails last minute that she won't be in until a certain time or at all, she's completely unprofessional - how did this happen?? She was so wonderful in the interview!
    This is the first time I'm dealing with work study students and she's just a huge PITA! I just want to scream and be like - this is a JOB! One you won't have very much longer if you don't stop acting like an A$$!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TCT I think it's the nature of the beast.  I know many students that were like that and went on to e normal workers.  

I always got yelled at for getting stuff done too quickly when I was a work study student.  I remember thinking WTF was wrong with your other student workers that they took so long.  

I'm sorry.
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning all!

I'm off work but I've got a busy day!

* I've got to pack my summer clothes and get out my winter stuff because I can't keep rotation the same 3 sweaters!
    * Pack to go to my parents for the weekend since my FI decided it was OK to pull duty for a friend saturday.  This wouldn't be a problem if my knee wasn't still swollen, which is why I'm going to the doctors at 1
    * And call all the insurance people to see if the Jeep est is done, tell my insurance what the Doc said and call the other car's insurance to see if they got in contact with him.
    * If I get sent to PT I'm going to speak to a Lawyer.

Som much for a lazy weekend.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!

FutureMrsT, you have to tell her that! I've had a few not-so-great student workers, and I let them know that if they couldn't be on time, etc, there were other students who would find a way to be on time, etc. Plus, remind her that you are a future potential recommendation for "real" jobs. That always seemed to help the motivation level...
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and super-excitement vibes for all of this weekend's beautiful brides!!!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh, if she worked quickly I'd have no problem - she just has a major attitude and isn't even close to professional. So while I'd like to scream and shake her - b/c I KNOW she's better than that - I just sent a nicer email reminding her to be professional and to give more notice if she plans to be in late or out (she sent me an email 15 minutes after she was supposed to be here saying she'll be in at 10 - with no explanation as to why or a Dear ___, I won't be in until 10 am today. I apologize for the late notice. Thank you, Student Worker).

The only reason I'm upset is because I am almost certain that I set expectations clearly for her and she isn't meeting them. Plus, I can't take the "holier than thow 'tude"

I hope this ends as a learning experience for her to become a normal worker - I wasn't assuming she wouldn't end up being a normal worker - it's just her recent behavior has not bowed well with me.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladu J - I did email her, and thanks for the tip of me being a potential reference - hopefully that'll help motivate her! ::Fingers Crossed::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HI!! I am glad it is Friday. This kid is driving me batty these last few days! I am going out for some retail therapy this morning. I need a gift for a 1st bday party tomorrow.

YAY for all the weddings this weekend... can't wait for all the blog/fb stalking. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    morning ladies...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!!!
    We met with a real estate agent last night to get the ball rolling on buying a house. She sent us home with a whole bunch of houses to look at - I'm excited!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning!
    yay brides this week!

I noticed coming home from the gym the other night that the lit up reindeer are already out outside of the KOP mall. haha  The didnt waste any time once Halloween ended!
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning all! TGIF is right!

I plan to be pretty un-productive today as a reward for running around like a loon at work these last 2 weeks. Jewelry party was a major success last night and I brought in a catalog to start picking out my FREE jewelry :)

ETA: Congrats to this weekend's beautiful brides and I ALSO cannot wait to see pics!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    >>(she sent me an email 15 minutes after she was supposed to be here saying she'll be in at 10 - with no explanation as to why or a Dear ___, I won't be in until 10 am today. I apologize for the late notice. Thank you, Student Worker).
    <<

I would like to take a minute and blame college professors for this.

When I was a senior in college,  the two professors in my major insisted that we never call them-- alway e-mail them.  So when I was an intern at Banyan,  everytime I had a situation arrise that I would be late, or couldn't make it into work, I e-mailed my advisor. 

Well, after getting fired from my internship, I learned that that is not how you act in the real world.  If you've never experienced a professional work environment, then you don't know how to act in it.  Now, I'm not saying that your worker gets a free pass, but I do think that professors need to sit down students and explain how to act before just sending them out there.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amer - I def. agree that professors need to be on their A-game for a lot of the prep that students need to be able to go out into the real working world in.

I don't mind that she emailed. It's just that she emailed @ 8:45 when she was scheduled to be in at 8:30. This is what I got:

Won't be in till 10.

And, so I sent an email back explaining I'd like a bit more heads up than that out of professional curtosey. She doesn't need to explain why she won't be in but a heads up further in advance would be apperciated and needed - unless an emergency (obviously). This is what I get back at 10:15 am -
    okay.  Sorry about that.  It looks like i may have to push that to two.

Yikes - font keeps changing and I have no idea why!

Now I'm more than peeved, and I'll be having a conversation with her when I see her on Monday. Because I'm going to excuse her from her obligations today - I have the feeling if I see her, I may not be too professional about it.

(Sorry for all the font changes)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would be kissing you tush with I'm so sorry such and such came up. I would be embarrassed to show my face. Now she pushes it back to 2?

I agree I would not be too professional after that either.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yah. when sh!t comes up, I profusely apologize - I hate being out sick b/c I don't want anyone to take my load - even if some days it's super slow around here, I still get a lot done and I hate to put that on anyone elses shoulders.

Hopefully this is a learning experience for her and it improves.
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    morning guys!! This morning sucked once again. Woke up around 4:30 and really couldn't go back to sleep...realized that I got a UTI (awesome.) So not a big deal, I have a prescript that has refills I'll just have the pharmacy refill it before work. Well that expired in Aug. I call my Dr. who's supposed to be open at 8. It kept saying the office is closed. They didn't turn on the phone until 8:50. I call and say I need a refill and the dr. is out until Mon. WTF do you want me to do until Monday?!?! ALL I NEED IS ANTIBIOTICS!!! So I called my peds dr. and he's not open til 9:30 so I couldn't get my meds before work. I went to CVS to just grab some kind of over the counter stuff just to get me through the day. ugghh
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah now I think you need to have a face to face talk.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Northstar, apparently UTI is a problem for a lot of people lately.  Go get some cranberry juice (or cranberry wine from Tomasello's... the sell it at canal's hehe)
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    haha thanks Hil!! oh btw  I made the stuffed pork chops and they were pretty good. I messed it up though. It was in there for WAY too long so it was dry and I forgot to season it before putting it in the oven! haha can you tell I'm new at this cooking thing??
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning all! I've been off all morning for a funeral and I really am not looking forward to going into work. I have a meeting at 230, so I need to be there then. Blah. I just wish I could take the whole day!

Northstar - I get UTI's frequently and most of the time if I catch it early, cranberry juice usually does the trick. Good luck! They are awful to have :-(

SO excited for everyone getting married this weekend! Congrats to all and I hope everything goes perfectly :-)
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards