Destination Weddings Discussions

Throat Punch Thursdays ~ I know this is late.....

Today, I'd like to dedicate my Throat Punch Thursday to the stupid lady at Starbucks, who INSISTED on charging me extra for the Caramel around the cup.  Hello.. I have been getting the same drink: a Grande Caramel Frappucinno with Caramel around the cup for OVER 10 years!!! 

It's been confirmed by Corporate Starbucks that when ordering a Caramel drink and you ask for extra Caramel, they don't charge you extra since there's already Caramel in the recipe card.  However if I were to order a Caramel drink and ask for extra Chocolate around the cup, THEN they can charge the extra $ .35 or whatever.

I know this seems petty, and I was going to let it go, however, she copped an attitude with me BIG TIME and basically told me that she's been working at that Starbucks location (inside SuperTarget..... Brian's SuperTarget.... my old SuperTarget) for over two years.  UM... I DON'T THINK SO HONEY....  I freaking OPENED that store before there was even anything IN THAT BUILDING.  And the store has only been opened for 3 years now.  (I left about a year ago) and SHE DID NOT WORK THERE THEN.  So... yeah.....

Margaritas for all who go through this petty TPT. 

Re: Throat Punch Thursdays ~ I know this is late.....

• Dude, doesn't she know that the customer is always right?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_throat-punch-thursdays-this-late?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:2351f6a2-32e6-4388-89b5-4f6304e63c71Post:dcbcfe86-d4ba-4b0f-b21f-f5d0c74e7105">Re: Throat Punch Thursdays ~ I know this is late.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dude, doesn't she know that the customer is always right?
    Posted by gabi829[/QUOTE]

Apparetnly not!  So... you all know me... I went to the STL (Store Team Lead) and told her about this person.  JERK
  • edited July 2010
    Shelli, I love it that you told on her! I freakin' hate it when service people act all snotty. Why the heck does she really care so much if Starbucks makes an extra $.35, especially at the risk of agonizing a loyal customer?!

I have my own petty TPT to add.  I placed an order at Bath & Body Works online last night just to get the VIP bag with tons of stuff (the offer was you get the bag for $20 with any $30 purchase). I was ok with paying the outrageous $9 shipping because I wanted the bag and all the stuff in it & it was worth it. After my order went thru, it informed me that the VIP bag was no longer available but still put the rest of my order thru. I wouldn't have even bought the stuff online when I can go to the store and avoid the shipping fees (not to mention I could have waited to buy it until my credit cards are paid down more; I know, I shouldn't be buying crap now anyway! But that's not the point, lol). That alone irritates the crap out of me, so I emailed customer service to cancel my order (which I know they probably can't do now anyway). I just got a reply tonight that tells me the VIP offer was a limited time, supplies are limited sorta thing. Yes, I know, that's why I tried to order it last night. No mention at all of my simple request to cancel. I freakin' hate incompetent people who don't even bother to address what I asked for! On principle, I am debating disputing the charge on my cc, but I know that would be a waste of my time & energy. It just pisses me off that the entire reason I spent time on their site and was willing to pay for shipping was no longer available, but they didn't tell me that until I placed the order.  Argh!   /end petty rant   *hands out margaritas to everyone who read this long petty rant!* :)

ETA: Holy crap, my rant was long! Sorry! Extra tequila for you all!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards