Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

AW- Invites

I ordered the damn things, while talking to my mom and I only yelled at her twice.  

Wedding Paper Divas is having a sale which ends at midnight PST so we saved $80 and we're going to use the $50 gc to buy the rest of the RSVP cards.  We are having the overseas guest RSVP earlier so then we can invite more Americans without them knowing they are b-list.  Flame away.  
It's difficult when you have international guests since it's so expensive to travel etc.  Yet we still want to stick to out numbers/ budget.  

I'm not going to even see them until someone else gets theirs and shows it to me, how sad is that?

Re: AW- Invites

• Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad they're ordered!!  Don't even worry about them now.  I'm proud of you for only yelling twice ;)

Photobucket
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have your mom mail one to you!

Honestly for overseas reasons... it makes sense to do it that way... no flames here! So glad that part is over for you (the ordering part)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY! the invite was is over!

What do they look like!? I was hoping to see pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, forgot to add the pic.  I was so glad to have it done.  
    My mom doesn't like them for the record.  

We changed the swirls to eggplant, no idea what it looks like IRL, it will be fine whatever it turns out to be it don't matter.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My OP's avatar changed to not my picture.  Weird.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I Aprove, I heart swirls!

And your mom doesn't like them?!  Why?! 

and yes the knot is crazy and does crazy things, last night the order of posts was all nuts too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She wanted something else and wanted to know why she didn't have a say.  ::Whine::

Are you kidding me?

Same woman had a fight with her mom over having a chocolate wedding cake.  

She also changed her wedding from Oct to Jan so her brother could come and regrets it to this day.  This did not stop her from trying to convince me to have my wedding in Oct b/c she loves Oct weddings.  I told her it would the same thing that happened to her.  Insane.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HA, its like, it is not your wedding!  So crazy. I hope all goes smoothly from here on out.

My mom had something stupid to ask me today, why I was not doing the garter toss... um cuz there are like no single men at the wedding, should I just have Mik take the garter (that I am not even wearing!) off me and just put it in his pocket?!  This was th only crazy thing she has said to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for invites! Love it, very classic and clean looking.

Glad you stood up to your mom.  Moms are tough.....

I would do the same thing with the RSVPs, I think you're just protecting yourself and your headcount.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never understand why people flame about b listing.  We've all done it. 

Anywho, they look great and CONGRATS on not killing your mom. :)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to say that after a looooong time of NCV posting calm, level-headed OPs and responses, I find it really funny to see the annoyed side come out.  It makes me feel normal :) 

I like the invites!  Very clean, simple and elegant.

I had a B list, and definitely don't flame others for it..... assuming that people don't send a real invitation a week before the wedding.  EIther invite them early enough that they don't know they're B list, or tell them outright like, "hey, I have some extra room at my wedding, and we would love if you could come!". - not directed at you NCV, just my thoughts in general.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I've been on the b-list, just figured it out, I went to the wedding and had a blast! 

I have people in mind to fill spaces later on, mostly my sibs friends and people who understand.  I will tell them outright someone can't make it we would love it if you could come etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards