Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

day-of wedding planner suggestions

Hi ladies,

Well I had this all figured out and was about to put a deposit down when my DoC called to tell me she was pregnant and due 3 days before my wedding. Of course I am thrilled for her, but sad b/c I really liked her, she came highly recommened by a friend and was reasonably priced. The other 2 coords. in her group aren't available for my date and now I am SoL. 

I am hoping some of you will have some good suggestions for me. I don't want to spend more than 800-900 which may sound low to some of you, but there is a reason why. My cousin (who is a priest) is marrying us and he will run the rehearsal himself so no coord. needed for that. Two- I really only need a coord. more for the morning and for mass and pictures. After our first dance really, Blue Bell CC is amazing and they take over for the reception. So that is not a huge chunk of time and paying over 1K just for that I can't justify.

My last questions is, am I being a fruit loop and do I really need a DoC?? My FI of course says no (of course) but I can just see myself stressed out, wanting to know if the flowers are at the church, telling my family after mass who to grab for pictures etc. I don't want to be doing that, I want to be in the moment enjoying the day with FI.

Thoughs and suggestions are appreciated :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: day-of wedding planner suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    See my response in the other DOC post.  Do you have any family friends (maybe a parent's friend or BFF of yours who isn't in the BP) who can help out in this role?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw the other Knotties post right after I added mine so ty MH I did read yours-  yes I have my aunt who offered to help and I have a friend or 2 who are not in BP who I could prob. ask to help out. Is that what you did?  I am anal too and would want to confirm all the deets and everything but knowing me I will be sitting there the day of getting ready thinking, is everything set up at the Church correctly? etc.

If you had friends/family help out with these things did you give them a ty of any kind for their help? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Butting in to say I did the same as MH...

I handled everything myself and saved the money. Our venue had a great coordinator who took care of a lot of the reception details, and I just really didn't see a need for help with anything else. I felt like I trusted my vendors to do their jobs and keep things moving (MUA/stylist/officiant/photog/DJ). The jobs that you mentioned above should fall into their realms of responsibility, IMO. I think it totally depends on the inidividual, though. This is all from my own personal experience.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    By the day of the wedding, I didn't care anymore.  What was done, was done, and I was just enjoying the ride.  I picked vendors that I really trusted and liked, and did not second guess any of them getting there or doing what I requested.  Of course, as the day went on, in my head I was like flowers, check, gazaebo decorations, check, lighting, check... LOL but I really didn't focus on it or look for things to be done. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Madam A you hit the nail on the head of what's been bugging me- our venue has a great coordination team and like you said, the vendors we hire it's their responsibility to do what's in the contract and be responsible.  My FI said the same thing to me, do you trust who we hired to do their job?

I am beginning to think that it isn't 100% necessary for us.  Thanks ladies for your input :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If someone would have coordinated for $300 I would have done it for the peace of mind.  I just couldn't commit $1k to a coordinator when I was comfortable with our vendors and venue staff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Exactly and the person who I was originally going to hire was only going to be 500 bucks, ok I could have done that for peace of mind. Everyone else is 1k and up and I just can't justify it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all of the above.. I trusted our venue and their staff as well as my vendors.  The only thing I suggest you do is sit down with a BM the night before, write up a list of major things for HER to look for (not you) and also phone numbers of all of your vendors.  That way if there is a problem, they can go to your BM to solve it, not you.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_day-of-wedding-planner-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:12acf695-3b74-457a-92be-71a773fcb27aPost:4b78672e-248b-4224-8f04-7462dcc58184">Re: day-of wedding planner suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with all of the above.. I trusted our venue and their staff as well as my vendors.  The only thing I suggest you do is sit down with a BM the night before, write up a list of major things for HER to look for (not you) and also phone numbers of all of your vendors.  That way if there is a problem, they can go to your BM to solve it, not you.  
    Posted by ooodsie[/QUOTE]

Agreed!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That was another thing that concerned me Oodsie- who can I have be the go to person for problems- good idea to debrief a BM or 2 (or 3 since I only have 3 haha).

All I could imagine for awhile is people coming to me the day of, where does this go, and oh there's a problem, and in the background family asking do I need to be in these pictures, and me with steam coming out of my ears! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry.. I think a lot of people have the common sense to know not to bother the bride on the day of the wedding.  You'll be fine :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just saw your post- thanks Oods. I really do feel alot better with this plan :) and I have more $ in the bank for other things!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards