Destination Weddings Discussions

Ex-Girlfriend invited to the wedding???

Ok, I need some feedback on this too girls ....

To make a very long story (somewhat) short - My FI has an ex-gf that he was with for 6+ years.  They were college sweathearts and moved to FL together.  It didn't work out and they went their separate ways.  Well, they have a TON of mutual friends and have stayed in contact throughout the years.  In fact, shortly before FI and I started dating, they gave it another shot and tried to get back together - she was living about 4 hours away at the time and, again, it just didn't work out. So, all was well and they moved on.  There was quite a bit of animosity about it at the beginning of our relationship b/c he didn't want to bring me around the mutual friends due to any awkwardness, which I understood, but anywho ... All has been well for a few years.  She now lives far away and I've yet to meet her, but I've become super tight with some of her best gf's who still live here (the mutual friends) b/c we hang out all the time. 

Ok.... SOOOO the time has come and I finally have to meet her at the same wedding I posted about earlier that we're going to next month.  Come to find out through these mutual frineds, she totally thinks that she should be invited to OUR wedding!!!  Now ... if she still lived here and we had hung out several times, I would not have a problem with this.  My original thought was ... it'll be easy to not invite her - why would I invite someone I've never even met??  I just found out this week that she'll be at this wedding next month, and I'm SOOO nervous that she's going to put me on the spot and straight up ask me if she's invited to our wedding.  I'm terrified of confrontation and become bff with anyone I meet within minutes, so I'm soooo scared that I'll just be like ... Yeah, definitely, and then totally regret it later.

Also, I don't want to make everyone at the wedding - his family / hometown friends who haven't even seen her since they were together feel weird.  FI totally agrees that it will make for a very awkward scene, and I just don't want to deal with that on my wedding day!

Am I being selfish here??? 

Thanks so much for reading this long post!  I look forward to your thoughts ...
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards