Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Today's DW Knottie of the Day

donnanicole77 aka Donna!!!

I love that you two have been together for 13 years - gives me hope that I will get married. Your wedding is going to be amazing. I'm not sure what it is about DR, but everyone's wedding that has ever been there has been amazing. I cannot wait to see the pictures from your wedding. I wish you two a safe flight and a wonderful marriage!!!

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name   Donna and Mark

2. Your Age and Fiance's Age   I'm 34, and he's 35.

3. What city were you born in?  We were both born in Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada

4. What city do you live in?  We live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

5. Where did you go to college?  We both went to Memorial University of Newfoundland and got our undergrad degrees.  Then, a couple years later, we both decided to go back to school, and he studied as a Millwright, and me as an x-ray tech.

6. What was your major?  In university, I majored in Psychology, with a minor in Linguistics. 

7. What is your current job?  I'm an x-ray tech.

8. What is your dream job?  Hmm, I never know how to answer this.  Truthfully, I love my job cause I work with some amazing people, and I get to interact with lots of people everyday.  But, if I wasn't doing this, I think being a beauty editor at a magazine would be amazing!!  To get to play with make-up and hair products everyday sounds fantastic. 

9. How did you and your fiance' meet?  We started dating in 1998, but had kind of known each other (or at least knew of each other) since at least 1994.  So, one of my good friends in high school (she's now my BFF and my MOH) was dating a guy, and he was good friends with Mark.  His friends and my friends went to different high schools.  Then, I started dating one of Mark's friends.  So, we kind of knew each other, but not really.  After a couple of years at college, I was home for summer break, and Mark was still around our hometown.  He called my friend Krista (BFF) and asked about me.  This was a couple days before his birthday.  On his birthday, we went out to the bar where he was celebrating, and we've been together ever since.  I was actually a little hesitant at first, because he had literally just broken up with a girl, like maybe a week before.  They had only been dating a couple months, and I think he broke up with her to go out with me.  So I was unsure about the whole thing before his birthday. Once we got talking though, and after the first kiss, that was it.  I was done.

10. When did you get engaged, and how did he do it??  We got engaged on November 02, 2010.  We were home in Newfoundland for a visit, our first trip home in over 4 years.  Mark came to pick me up at my parent's house one day, and we left to go visit his grandmother.  We were driving along by the water, not even 2 minutes away from my house, and he asked me to open the glove box and get his lighter.  So, I did and he had the ring hidden in there.  So I grabbed and put it on, then said, "This is for me, right?" lol.  He said, "yeah...".  Then he pulled over and asked me to marry him.  I said yes, then we had to turn around and go back to my parent's house, cause my Mom made him promise to come back after he proposed. 

11. When is the Wedding Day?  November 28, 2011 :)

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?  We are getting married at the Majestic Colonial Resort in PuntaCana, Dominican Republic.

13. What are your wedding colors?  Turquoise, ivory, and hints of hot pink. 

14. Where are you honeymooning?  We are staying at the same resort for our honeymoon.

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?   Our photographer!!  I love his work, and I'm sooo excited to see our wedding photos.

16. Biggest wedding splurge?  The photographer.  It took a lot of convincing to get Mark on board with him.

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?  My other sister and my nieces and nephews :( 

18. Another Knottie whose wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?  I don't know if I can pick one favorite.  I really like the Diana Gabaldon Outlander series, and I also love the Steig Larsen trilogy.  One book I have read many times is called Green Darkness by Anya Seton.

20. Favorite movie?  It's a tie between The Princess Bride and Grease.

21. Favorite tv show?  My all-time favorite show was Lost, which I miss soo much.  My favorite show that is currently on is True Blood, although The Walking Dead is starting to reel me in.

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?  Well, I absolutely love my dress, which is by Private Label by G, but if I could have afforded it I would have gone with a Paloma Blanca dress.  I loved a lot of the dresses from that line.

23. Any advice you can give to other Knotties whose big day is coming up?  Plan, plan, plan!  I've got almost everything taken care of for the wedding, and everything should be done by the first weekend in November.  I am feeling pretty relaxed about the whole thing.  Also, be sure a DW is what you want because there's likely to be some people who will not be able to come.  By the same token, if it is what you really want, stick to it and don't let other people make you feel guilty.

24. Is there anything you wish you could change about your wedding?  Can't really think of anything...I feel very lucky to be having the wedding of my dreams.

25. Tell us your Knottie name and how you came up with it.  donnanicole77.  Pretty un-creative really, it's my first and middle names, and the year I was born.

26. Tell us about yourself! I have such a hard time coming up with interesting stuff about myself.  Well let's see, I'm 34 years old, and I'm an x-ray tech.  I've been working at this job for close to 5 years.  This is the longest time Mark and I have lived in one place.  We've always gotten antsy and wanted to move on.  Mark and I have a cat named Rocky and a dog named Henry.  Rocky was a stray kitten that Mark found near his work, and Henry was a puppy that we adopted from a rescue.  He and his littermates were found without their mother.  I was never really a pet person until I met Mark.  Mark and I have been together for 13 years, and I'm so excited to be getting married, but almost more so to start TTC. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
**Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards