Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

**RecoveringActor**

On a book thread a few weeks (months?) ago, you recommended the Outlander series. THANK YOU! I've just begun the 4th book and really, really like them. I have a huge fictional crush on Jamie - though that may be because my FI is also a 6'4'', red-headed giant (Irish though, not Scots) and I just picture him.

Anyway, thanks!!! Any similar suggestions would be very welcome!
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: **RecoveringActor**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dude.  Those books are ADDICTIVE.  I read the first four in the span of 4 weeks.  I completely ignored Gzilla. I also have a major crush on Jamie Fraser. I have all the books.... but I'm stuck on The Fiery Cross, which is book 5.  I think I might get it on tape from my library and listen to it instead, because I have to start over anyway.  I have no idea what's happening.  My MOH and I keep saying that we're going to go to Scotland and do an Outlander tour.

I just started a new series the other day... but it's pretty different from the Outlander series.  It's called A Game of Thrones: A Song of Fire and Ice.  It's going to be an HBO series in April, so I decided to pick up the books.  It's kind of like The Sopranos meets Middle Earth.  There's some romance and intrigue and whatnot through in there.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They really are addictive!! I have been carrying my Kindle around and if I get even a 10 minute break in my day, I read it. An Outlander tour of Scotland would be awesome. A friend of mine is getting married there this fall and we're invited. I never considered going (pretty impossible to do that and my honeymoon), but now really want to!

A Game of Thrones is also very amazing. The entire Song of Fire and Ice series is! The multiple point of view gets crazy at times, but it's really interesting and keeps the plot going quickly. If you loved Outlander, you will also love Song of Fire and Ice. Beware though - the series isn't completed and the author is taking his darn time getting books together. I half think he will never actually finish.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's really good so far... just very confusing.  I had never heard of them until recently.  A friend of Gzilla's recommended them... and we love most of the shows that HBO puts out.  I read all the Southern Vampire Mysteries books (what True Blood is based off of) so I figured I should read these, too.

I don't think Diana Gabaldon is finished either... I think the plan is one or two more books, but she seems to get them out fairly quickly for how large they are.

The other series that is kinda sorta like this one that I liked was the Tristan & Isolde books by Rosalind Miles.  There are 3.  Isolde is kind of Ireland's Guinevere.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They get less confusing once you get to know who all the characters are and how they relate. I had another literary crush on Jon Snow. Yum. I also read the Southern Vampire Mysteries. There is supposed to be a new one coming out May-ish. Those are definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.

I haven't come across the Tristan & Islode books. I do love me some Arthurian-type ledgends though, so I'll put those on my list!

Hve you read the Tales of the City series? It's about a bunch of people living in an apartment complex in San Francisco in the 70s/80s.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards