Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Baby talk... Thats right I'm bringing it up!LOL

So just curious if you girls are planning kids any time after the wedding. Me and my FI are gonna start trying wedding night! Everyone thinks we are crazy but my Dr told me it could take up to a year. What about you girls...
BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby talk... Thats right I'm bringing it up!LOL

• Options
    I am right there with you.  The BC is going out the window on the honeymoon.  :) 
  • Options
    This comes up from time to time on here.

FI really wants kids and goes back and forth on when to have them. He's said he's wanted to start the wedding night but then takes it back and says maybe not for another year. We're probably going to wait at least a year. Get all the wedding excitment and return to a more normal grove before throwing something else into the mix. Parenting is no joke and although you can never really be prepared, I'd rather be more than less.

For me, its taken me a while to get used to the idea of kids. I still feel young so I knew I was not ready to start the wedding night. I guess at this point, or more after the reception, we're open to the idea but not "trying" necessarily.
    Harper Grace 8.31.12
    ?imageimage

• Options
    Ohhhh aukelly maybe we will both be lucky on our wedding nights and then we can be on thebump together!Haha

And numb3rMel I totally understand where you are coming from and I think if my FI already didnt have kids I would probably wait at least a year too but I dont want his kids and our kids to be so far apart where we get one set out of the house and then have to raise 2 more kids! Haha
  • Options

FI and I are going to start trying about 6 months after the wedding. With me being a teacher we really want the baby to come right at the end of the school year so that I'm home for the first 3 months. If we dont get pregnant between our set time frame, then we might wait a year and try again.

We realize that we're young, and we still have a lot of traveling that we want to do. We also want to be able to expose our chhildren to a lot of places as well though. Also, I think both of us are beyond excited to start our family together.

• Options
    haha! Tiff, funny you bring that up. FI and I only want 2 children but we want them to be within 2 years apart at max. So I guess once we start, we're not stopping until we *hopefully* fulfill our household. No other children on either side but we wanted our kids to grow up together and around the same time going to school. We didn't want to be the parents that had kids 5 years apart when we send one off to school we're starting another in diapers. Not for us.
    Harper Grace 8.31.12
    ?imageimage

• Options
    EXACTLY! We will already have a bit of an age gap with his kids cause his youngest is almost 4 so I dont want more of an age gap!
  • Options
    FI wants a baby now.

I want to wait.

It's so weird.

Though, he sometimes goes back and forth like mel's FI, but only forth to the wedding night. He doesn't want to wait to have kids.

All of his cousins have kids and he feels like he's missing out on something not being able to have them.

I told him that we're able to experience so much more without them.

I'll probably start trying for kids shortly after we're married, because I don't want to wait forever either. I just know that FI has mroe baby fever than me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • Options
    FI and I already have a 6 year old and that's it for us.  We discussed the possibility of another but because our son is already in school we couldn't see starting all over again!!!  Everyone in the family always asks when we're going to have another (including our son who totally wants a baby brother or sister)...our response is always...if you pay, we'll have another...lol ;)
  • Options
    Fi and I are going to take a while....like 3-4 years. We are still really young and we haven't had the opportunity to be just "us" yet, except for our one year in Turkey. We want to enjoy being together  and living together before we have kids. And I am not done being selfish! LOL! I still want to see the world! I know you can travel with kids, but there are some places that I can't see bringing kids (like Machu Pichu!)

imageimage

Married: November 24 & 25, 2010 in Costa Rica

My Planning Bio - updated 11.14.10

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am with PP.  Fi and I want kids and I can't wait to be a mom but seriously I need some time to enjoy being married before throwing kids into the mix.  I want to enjoy the time we have just FI and I. 

I am getting pressure from friends to have kids since we are the first to get married...they want to play with a child and give it back...lol
  • Options
    Our only thing is we don't want to be 35 having our first child.  Matt's turning 32 today.  And then my thought is what if it does take a year or so to get pregnant.  That's a year we could have been trying....make sense.  Eh, he's fine with it so bring on the baby.  :)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I know Jim is going to be 32 this year so it is time for us and I want to have all my kids hopefully before I turn 30!

But there is no right or wrong answer to this question what is right for us isnt whats right for everyone else! I just love seeing what everyones plans are!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    We have been married 4 months now, and although I'd love to have kids right now I want time to just be married and travel! DH just started his MBA program, I will be graduating in December. School has always been extremely important to us therefore didn't want to start a family until we finshed. I am thinking we are going to start trying for kids on our 1 year anniversary...
  • Options
    We talk about it alot, but we really want me to be able to stay home with the kid(s) so we are basically waiting until he makes a set $ goal we have for what I can stay home and live off...sooo, who knows when that will be. If we don't reach our goal by 27 I think we will just start attempting then b/c we don't wanna wait forever lol.
  • Options
    We are going to wait about 4 years.  I'm 28, FI is only 26 and not quite ready to be a dad ;) We both still want to do some traveling and plan on going to Australia for a year this time next year.  FI is finishing up his journalism degree, and we both want to feel financially secure before we have a baby. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm going to be "odd man out" with my response but we're not planning to have kids at all!!! 
    I'm 32 and FI is 16 years older than me.  He works with kids day in & day out doing school photography and sees them at their worst, plus who wants to be retirement age when your kids are graduating from high school??  He's the youngest of his siblings by several years (he was an "accident) so he pretty much helped raise his niece & nephew when his sister got divorced so he's done done the "dad thing" of coaching the baseball & basketball teams, teaching the kids to drive, etc. 
    My parents were 35 when I was born and that worked out fine, so my age is not an issue but I have never been a kid person.  I didn't babysit during my teenage years, I was an only child and the youngest grandchild by several years and I never really was around kids.  I think they're great when they belong to other people (my family members, friends, etc.) and I can enjoy them for a while then send them home but I've never had any desire to be a mom...
    We've decided we're sticking with dogs!!  LOL!
  • Options
    We've tentitavely talked about it... but we don't have a specific time when we want to start trying. FI and I want a lot of kids, I've always wanted 4, he's wanted 4+, so we can't wait tooooo long to start trying (although he's convinced I'm going to have twins... my sisters are twins, and my grandma and THREE SETS of identical twins! I wonder what the odds of that happening are...) Anyway, since he doens't have a job yet, and I'm still in school the thought of having kids within the next few years seems daunting, so we will probably wait until we're settled in with good jobs and have a house before trying :)
  • Options
    We want kids, but I want to wait until we're in a position for Brad to stay home and take care of them.  He's a lot more playful than I am.
  • Options
    We are some-what undecided on this yet.

The plan was to go off BC after the wedding since my prescription expires in Jan anyway. Then we would start trying in the spring/summer 2011.

But I'm looking at getting LASIK next September. And you can't get LASIK if you're pregnant. So... If I go ahead with LASIK next fall we would start trying right after my surgery.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kristen, I'm with you about the whole pregnancy freaking you out thing.  Except I want kids for sure, so I guess I'm going to have to cross that bridge when I get there.  =)

I'll be 28 when we get married and FI will be 27.  He's hoping to start med school in the fall after we get married (we should find out if he got in soon!!), so if that happens we'll most likely wait 3-4 years before trying to have kids.  The age thing makes me a little nervous, but that's the way it worked out for us.  I always thought I'd have my kids before 30.  I'd love to have 3, FI wants 2 (he claims replacement value), but he's open to 3 if the first 2 go okay.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Options
    Well...we brought baby to the wedding :)

When DH and I started talking about marriage we were both already in our 30's.  We knew we wanted kids so we decided to start trying, knowing it may take  while.  Turns out it happened quickly so...wedding came second.  We're undecided about having more.  I already feel like it may be getting too late.  For now I'm enjoying showering all my attention on this little guy:)
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    Well, FI wants to start trying NOW....lol.  I want to wait until we are married.  So, we are toying with the idea of starting to try like 3 months before the wedding.  At this point, my doctor says I cannot get pregnant, so it will most likely take awhile.  If for some reason I get pregnant right away, it won't bother me to be pregnant at my wedding.  I am not much of a drinker anyway.  But.....I AM worried about being sick....so I may make him hold off til the wedding week.  Either way, I feel like I was born to be a mom so I want kids ASAP.  FI and I are both 30 and we don't want to wait much longer.

We can't wait!!!
    DW Siggy Challenge - Wedding Shoes
    Wedding Shoes
    Photobucket
    Marrying my sweetheart in Holden Beach, NC on July 12, 2011!! ~Lindsay~ Wedding Countdown Ticker image
    My Planning Bio - UPDATED 9-29-10
  • Options

We won't be waiting long after the wedding to starting trying for kids.  I'll be 30 ( I turn 30 on Saturday!  YIKES!!)  and my FI is 37.  I think maybe we'll wait a couple of months for things to get settled after the wedding.  Or at least that's my plan right now.  :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards