Destination Weddings Discussions

Rehearsal Dinner & Day of Timings (a question)

Hey ladies, just got off the phone with my amazing Coordinator at the resort (I seriously have nothing but the best to say about her!)

We talked about the rehearsal dinner, and it looks like we'll do the rehearsal on the patio where we're getting married and then she can set up a buffet style BBQ dinner for the dinner on the pool patio with enough space for everyone comfortably, and the bar there... Love it, wanted something laid back and fun :)

Now onto the day of. Our ceremony is being held at 4, followed by a cocktail hour and then the reception. She currently has the patio until 5:30 guaranteed but its sometimes used for group dinners so she's not sure if she can get it past then. We spoke with our photogs who want 2 hrs photo time and so were hoping to maybe have our arrival for dinner at 7 or 7:30.

If she can extend the booking on the patio until 6:30 that would be awesome, just have a 2 hr cocktail reception there with apps and the whole bit, have the reception doors open and we can start shuttling people over at 6:30 (they are providing the 6 person golf cart shuttles between the two locations as it is a bit of a walk, and anyone planning on drinking may not want to bring their car over). If she can't extend it past 5:30 what do you think we should do? Would it be ok to host a 1 hr cocktail hour and have that hour break in there, or should we open the reception doors early? Just not sure because I dont' want to inconvenience the guests but I also don't want to take away the time from the photogs that they requested....

Thoughts?

Thanks ladies!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner & Day of Timings (a question)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards