Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Guest Book

My postcards came today!!!!

DH and I just sat here and laughed so hard, we cried.   Some highlights are:

"of all the boys you brought over for the holidays, bryan is the only one who appreciated my father fashion sense"

"im so happy you both made it down the aisle, i thought for sure bryan wouldve f#cked something up by now"

"viva las grande!!  wait....thats mexico"

"if bryan treats you as well as he treats his radios you have nothing to worry about" 

LOL!!   I cant wait to make my guestbook!!

Re: Guest Book

• Options
    haha!  Those are great.  Matt and I read through ours the other night and we have a few really good ones too.  Now I just need to add some pics. 
  • Options
    Those are great! Haha :) What fun! I love that idea.
  • Options
    How fun! Are you making a scrapbook with them?
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • Options
    Wait .... what is that??  You have people fill out postcards as your guest books and have them mail them?  That sounds like a super cute idea!  Love your replies.. too funny!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Haha cute! It makes me wanna do that as our guest book, i worried people wouldnt get it & not fill them out. Have any of your guests uploaded pics onto your photo sharing site? I worry our guests wont do it, but oh well theyre done & paid for & will add to the oot bags i guess.
  • Options
    We are planning on doing the same thing.  I can't wait to get them back.  Your's are tons of fun!
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment

Hahaha, so funny!!! You must have a real fun group of peoples!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_guest-book-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:596e12a8-b4c8-4558-a5cc-9e03669c80d8Post:eb8a42da-34df-494a-b311-faa7f8310048">Re: Guest Book</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait .... what is that??  You have people fill out postcards as your guest books and have them mail them?  That sounds like a super cute idea!  Love your replies.. too funny!
    Posted by EmilyL113[/QUOTE]

<div>This was our guestbook.   When we visited Bermuda lst year, we bought a bunch of postcards, and stamps.  We stamped and addressed them all, and put them out with a mailbox (PIB) and pens.  Everyone filled them out, and we mailed them the next day.   I plan on scrapbooking them, I just havent figured out how to do it so everyone can read both sides yet.   I'm toying with the idea of placing them between 2 pieces of cardstock with holes cut out so you can see both sides, decorating the card stock of pics from the wedding, and then laminating each page.  we'll see </div>
  • Options
    That's so great! And it is a good idea in hindsight, since half of our guests informed me after the fact that they totally forgot to sign ours.
  • Options
    I love it!!!  I've been looking for guestbook alternatives.... totally stealing this!  I've also read where you can have someone mail them to you throughout the course of the year.  That sounds kinda cute too! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    love this idea!  I'm planing on buying postcards for the oot bags cuz this sounds so worth it!
  • Options
    I'm so glad you had so many fun comments.  We're doing the postcards too, but I decided to do them at the reception instead of OOT bags after reading that not everyone got theirs back.

I think we're ordering an Etsy album to put ours in with clear sleeves so that both sides of the postcard can be seen.  I thought about DIY, but I'm just not sure I'd ever get it finished.  You'll have to share your pics as you make progress!
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards