Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Parents gift?

For those of you that are giving your parents something, what do you plan on giving them?  I have everything for our moms, but am totally stuck on what to get our dads.  I would like to get mine something meaningful since I'm his only daughter and lately I think he's been coming to the realization that I'm not his "little girl" anymore.  Any ideas?

Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
Hatteras, North Carolina
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary

Re: Parents gift?

• Options
    ugh! this has my brain racked too! I got my mom a photo charm bracelett. And my Dad... hum... I'm stuck. He's a computer and book nerd. He doesn't like to leave the house much. Luke thought to get him a neato pocket knife but we can't take that on the plane... wait... can we put that in check-in luggage?

What does your Dad like? What about a hankerchief with a little saying to your Dad from his little girl? Or a new wallet? Money Clip? ...
    Harper Grace 8.31.12
    ?imageimage

• Options
    I think you can put knives into checked baggage. 

See my dad is a arson investigator for the fire dept.  So hes into knives, but hes got so many of them.  He has a Harley that he takes out all summer long.  He's not like a 'regular' dad to me.  I don't know.  I went to Things Remembered today and was thinking about getting him an engraved picture frame with a picture from when I was little and a wedding one.  I just don't know if that would be good or not or if it would be too much compared to what we got the other parents.  Mine make it even harder because they are divorced so I don't want it to look like I got one something "better" if you know what I mean. 
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Options
    I did embriodered handkerchiefs for both of our moms and dads.  They said mother of the bride, father of the groom, etc.  My dad commented on how it was a nice touch. HTH. 
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    I'm going to get a picture of me and my sisters as kids, and to a 3 photo matte, the photo of us as kids, a photo of us from my older siser's wedding, and a post it where a photo of my sisters and me from my wedding  (when my little sister gets married we can have it re-matted & framed with 4 photos)

My biggest mistake was trying to spend the money that I spent on my mom, or feeling like I was cheaping out on my dad when he's going above and beyond to give me my dream wedding.... my mom suggested just going witht he most important things to him, which are me and my sisters.
    My Bio
    Our Wedding Day 8/7/10
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

My mom and fmil get necklaces I made of swarvorski crystal. ffil will get a golf magazine with a year subscription. I'm still on the fence about the subscription though, I was thinking there may be something else a little more weddingish...I have a couple days to make up my mind for sure. LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards