Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Missing Shower Gift

I have finally finished all my shower thank yous and realized that I am missing a gift for on FI's family members.  FSIL wanted to get the present opening done as quick as possible and although she was trying to be helpful, at point the wrong cards were put the wrong gifts and there was some confusion.  Now one of FI's cousin isn't listed on my gift list, and I went through all my cards and there isn't one from her.  I know she was there but there is no trace of what she got me!  What do I do, ask FI's to contact her and ask what she gave me?  That seems so tacky but I know she was there and have no idea how to write her a thank you - any advice?

image 247 Invited so far!
image 170 Are ready to party!
image 35 Will be missing out!
image 42 Are MIA!

Re: Missing Shower Gift

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is this cousin someone who would be offended or laugh it off and understand?

I would have FI or FMIL do some investigating.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you know she was there just right a card thanking her for attending the shower.  If she gave a gift, she will contact you ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_missing-shower-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:15d7cd7e-74ba-4a2f-a431-908126525c62Post:0123153b-6d9f-4462-8d32-35465131cc4e">Re: Missing Shower Gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you know she was there just right a card thanking her for attending the shower.  If she gave a gift, she will contact you ;)
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

I agree with this!

I also agree with having the ILs do some research because it can't hurt... FWIW, this happened with 2 gifts at my shower and I ended up thanking someone for the wrong item. It turned out to be something to laugh about and wasn't a big deal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really don't know this cousin that well, met her for the first time at the shower so I have no idea how this would go over.  Her husband is singing at our ceremony and we're meeting with them on Sunday to go over the details.  i'll guess I'll ask FI if we should it up there or if I should just do a generic thank you

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards