Destination Weddings Discussions

G/B/U (PIP)

I'll let you know what vendors I used in case anyone is planning a Sarasota or FL wedding too!

Good:
*I have a husband now, who was my high school sweetheart!!!!!!!
*Flights, for the most part (I hate flying) it was smooth and when we flew to FL, AA even gave us some free champagne cuz we were getting married!
*Budget Car Rental upgraded us for free to a 2012 Mustang convertible...not a bad way to cruise around FL!
*Holiday Inn Express Siesta Key...the rooms were great, great location and would totally stay there again!
*Use Spa Hollywood for hair and make-up.  I had my make-up airbrushed and for having out an outdoor wedding, it didn't get oily and looked great in pics!
*Diva Nails in the Sarasota Mall...my shellac mani and regular pedi still look great 2 weeks out!
*Daiquiri Deck on Siesta Key...great location for our welcome dinner and they didn't charge us to use their space!
*Using realtouch flowers for my girls and me having fresh...no one could tell the difference!
*Publix...their catering from their deli, bakery and seafood department was beyond yummy!
*Floridaweddings.com...if you're considering a wedding in FL, check out their site...their work is amazing and it wasn't difficult planning a wedding at a distance.
*getting married at sunset and not letting Parks & Rec bully me into thinking that the beach would be crowded from their sand sculpting festival on the other end of the beach (as you can see...there was like no one there besides our guests!)

*LoobieLables on Etsy...my invites and programs were a vision come to life!

*ExclusivelyWeddings.com made my bouquet charm and it was perfect!

*I didn't criticize myself once on the wedding day...whew!
*Driving to McDonald's at the end of the night...okay more like 2am with my hubby to get a post wedding night fuel up!  ;)
*Make OOT bags...all the guests loved the goodies!

*Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia...an ah-maz-ing honeymoon!
*Sofitel hotel in Miami, free shuttle to airport and comfy beds!
*The KK...I loved reading it and was happy to share in the tradition...I can't wait to see the pics with it on the beach!

Bad:
*Not much...I was worried about the weather in the morning but I let go and it was what it was...and thankfully the forecasters were wrong! 

Ugly:
*My Mom...at the welcome dinner, let's just say she got to the bar before all guests got there and put a few too many back.  That lead to her and my MIL daring each other to get on tables, the bar and pole dance...yes, pole dance.  All this BEFORE dinner and other guests coming.  So I told her to ease up along with MIL and for the rest of the night they acted like I scolded them.  My mom even left without telling me.  Heck, during dinner I even bought her a shot to let her know I was fine...but apparently she wasn't.  Thankfully by noon on the wedding day she took her happy pills and got back with reality!  FI reminded me many times during the welcome dinner that it was about us...not her...and I couldn't have asked for better reassurance during that time!

All in all...the wedding and honeymoon were beyond perfect!  I can't wait to share wedding pics once I get 'em!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards