Destination Weddings Discussions

Should I mention hometown reception as alternative on our save the date for destination wedding?

We are having our wedding in England so it is quite the trip from California! We would love everyone to attend but we know that it is a lot to ask. We plan to have a reception a month later when we get back to celebrate with those who could not make it. I would like to somehow incorporate the hometown reception into the save the date as an alternative. Is this ok? If so, how would you word it?

Thanks!
Lisa

Re: Should I mention hometown reception as alternative on our save the date for destination wedding?

• Hi there!!!  On my STD's I have wording something like this "Pack your bags, we are getting married 11/11/11 in Sarasota, FL.  A reception will be held 12/3/11 in Marshfield (our home town).  Formal invitation to follow"
    I think it's completely ok because it gives your guests options!  Happy planning!

• I didn't announce anything on our STD's, however I listed our Wedding Website for our guests.  Our website listed all wedding related events including both AHR's (dates, times and location)  I received RSVP's that early from those who were sure that they weren't going to be able to make the DW... and from several who actually were able to cruise with us after all!  :)
  • on our save the dates i had:
    Jamaica wedding - 7/10/10
    Illinois Reception - 7/31/10

Formal Invitation to follow

and it said to save the date for us an little stuff...but i think it is fine to list both dates!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Thanks for speedy response.  For your hometown, are you inviting everyone that went to the destination wedding as well as those who could not make it?
  • i sent out one invitation for both dates since they are only a few weeks apart from each other. On the response card it said

____bags are packed for jamaica

____ ready to celebrate in illinois

____unable to attend either ceremony

so people that were coming to both, one celebration, or aren't able to  make it to either could check that on one card
    Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards