Destination Weddings Discussions

WFD?

I tried a new receipe last night from Trisha Yearwood's Recipe Book... it was a Beef and Potato casserole.  Really super easy to make! 

I'm not sure what to make tonight!  Give me some inspiration ladies!!

Re: WFD?

• I made lasagna! It's actually cooking in the oven right now! Yummy
  • Here's a good one.  I'm doing this tomorrow night since FI is at work tonight. 

Chicken Spaghetti:

• 2 cups Cooked Chicken
    • 3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
    • 2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup
    • 2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
    • ¼ cups Finely Diced Green Pepper
    • ¼ cups Finely Diced Onion
    • 1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
    • 2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
    • 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
    • ⅛ teaspoons (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
    • Salt And Pepper, to taste
    • 1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.

Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).

imageExerciseMilestone Anniversary
  • We are going to our best friends house for the best pizza on the island, Pizza Amore!!

• Another one

FI absolutely loves this meatloaf it's super easy to make.  I have made it sooo many times.  The bacon really adds some good flavour to the meatloaf. 

• Meatloaf:
    • 1 cup Whole Milk
    • 6 slices White Bread
    • 2 pounds Ground Beef
    • 1 cup (heaping) Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
    • ¼ teaspoons Seasoned Salt
    • ¾ teaspoons Salt
    • Freshly Ground Black Pepper
    • ⅓ cups Minced Flat-leaf Parsley
    • 4 whole Eggs Beaten
    • 10 slices Thin/regular Bacon
    • Sauce:
    • 1-½ cup Ketchup
    • ⅓ cups Brown Sugar
    • 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
    • Tabasco To Taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour milk over the bread slices. Allow it to soak in for several minutes.

Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in beaten eggs.

With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined. Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan, which will allow the fat to drain. (Line the bottom of the pan with foil to avoid a big mess!)

Lay bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf.

Make the sauce: add ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Stir together. Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the top of the bacon. Spread with a spoon.

Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another 1/3 of the sauce over the top. Bake for another 15 minutes. Slice and serve with remaining sauce.

Serve with mashed potatoes. Yummy!

imageExerciseMilestone Anniversary
  • I am making a shrimp alfredo....what is the beef potatoe casserole?  Sounds delish!
  • Here's the receipe from Trisha Yearwood's "Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen" cookbook..

3 lbs. white or red potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
    1 lb. ground beef
    1/2 cup chopped onion

4 tbls. (1/2 stick) butter
    1/4 cup flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    2 cups milk
    2 cups grated sharp Cheddar Cheese
    1/2 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs

Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with water to cover by 1 inch.  Add a generous pinch of salt and cook for 15 minutes, or until tender.  DON'T OVER COOK.  Drain the potatoes and arrange them in a 6 x 9 x 2 inch casserole dish.

In a large skillet, combine the beef and onion and cook together over medium heat until the beef is browned and the onion softened, 12 to 15 minutes.  Pour off excess fat.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Melt butter in a medium saucepan and whisk in the flour to make a roux.  Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture bubbles and the flour turns light brown in color.  Gradually whisk in the milk and continue to stir while cooking over medium heat.  When the mixture thickens, add salt & pepper, whisk and stir in the cheese and browned beef.

Pour the gound beef mixture over the potatoes and bake the casserole for 20 minutes until heated through and bubbling.  Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top of the casserole and bake until the crumbs are toasted, about 5 minutes longer.

Whew..that was  alot of typing!!!

I used the Italian Bread Crumbs from Progresso.... the kind you use when you make Cube Steaks...  :)

• I'm making chicken mushroom stew.  first time, looked interesting, was a bitch to make lol   AND i almost forgot the mushrooms lol  one of the key ingrediants.  was a very long day today.  So it better taste good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I made crab bisque, but without a recipe. Fingers crossed it turns out well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards