Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Today's DW Knottie of the Day

is sarahbelle1083 aka Sarah!!!

Everything about your wedding is going to be amazing!! I cannot wait to hear all about how it came together when you get back and see all the pictures. Have an amazing time in Mexico!!! Also, have a safe trip and congratulations!!!

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name
Sarah & Hank

2. Your Age and Fiance's Age
28 & 26

3. What city were you born in?
Effingham, IL

4. What city do you live in?
We will live in Sigel, IL, 10mins down the highway from where I was born.

5. Where did you go to college?
I received my degree from Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology in Denver, CO

6. What was your major?
Veterinary Technology

7. What is your current job?
I am a certified veterinary technician at a mixed animal practice. I handle dogs, cats, cows, pigs, goats, donkeys, llamas, alpacas, sheep, rabbits, chickens, etc. any given day. Most of the area is rural and agricultural so I see a little bit of everything. 

8. What is your dream job?
Same job with less hours and higher pay.

9. How did you and your fiance' meet?
We're not quite sure, but we usually agree that it was at a bar. We had some of the same friends and hung out together occasionally. One Saturday night, he was getting a group of people together for a 'roadtrip' for the next day and asked if I would like to go. I agreed and gave him my number. Of course, I showed up the next day and we were the only two people who didn't cancel. That roadtrip ended up being 9 hours and the rest is history. (Funny fact, I was friends with two of his brothers for years before I ever knew that Hank existed!)

10. When did you get engaged, and how did he do it??
Every year on a weekend around the time we started dating, we go on an anniversary roadtrip to some of the same places we 'found' on our first date. On our 3rd anniversary we headed out on the roadtrip. Eventually, we came across a covered bridge that is one of those places that we 'found'. We got out of the car and walked halfway across the bridge before I turned around and Hank was down on one knee. It was a complete surprise and a day I'll never forget!

11. When is the Wedding Day?
Nov. 12, 2011

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?
The ceremony is at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, Mexico. Three weeks after we get back we're having an AHR in our small town. 

13. What are your wedding colors?
Aqua and purple

14. Where are you honeymooning?
At the same resort we're getting married at in Mexico

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
I don't have a big vendor, my sis is my photog, I bought my own flowers, so I guess my resort is my only vendor and I've never visited there. I'm going with Etsy because I've used them for so many things and I've loved all of my Etsy sellers so far. 

16. Biggest wedding splurge?
Hank and I decided early on that we would pay for my mom's trip to Mexico. She was widowed at the age of 35 with 5 kids between the age of 8 and 2. Since then she has raised all 5 of us, never going into debt and always supporting us in all that we do. We all have a college degree and are living on our own thanks to her encouragement and example. We knew that she didn't have the extra money to make the trip so, in appreciation for everything, we paid her way. It was the least Hank and I could do!

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
Grandparents! The few that are left are all over the age of 80 and not able to make the flight. Oh, and my goddaughter who was born in August. She is only 3 months old so she'll be staying back in IL. 

18. Another Knottie whose wedding you'd like to attend?
Kimmy's- Have you seen the details!?!?! Amazing! Nikki's- We're dress twins and I'd love to see how someone else accessorizes it. Ashli's- We're resort twins so that's a given. And last but not least, Jen's- I've stolen so many ideas from her! I need to stop by Florida before I go to Mexico just to make sure I'm pulling it off correctly!! lol

19. Favorite book?
My most recent favorite is Eat, Pray, Love. but then again I haven't read a book for pleasure in about a year.

20. Favorite movie?
The Wedding Date, Valentine's Day, and PS I Love You are probably in my top 5

21. Favorite tv show?
anything HGTV, the Bachelor/Bachelorette, Say Yes to the Dress, and Grey's Anatomy

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?
I don't know a lot about different designers but my dress is an Oleg Cassini from David's Bridal and I love it!!

23. Any advice you can give to other Knotties whose big day is coming up?
Plan ahead. Do everything at least 2 months in advance. Then, when you're 1 month out, you can sit back, relax (hopefully), and enjoy the excitement of the last days before your wedding! Plus, don't take anything or anyone too seriously. In the end you'll be married, and that was the goal all along right?

24. Is there anything you wish you could change about your wedding?
Nope, we're going to Mexico for 8 days. What's to change?!?!?

25. Tell us your Knottie name and how you came up with it.
sarahbelle1083. Sarah Belle is a nickname my uncles gave me and the numbers are my birth month and year.

26. Tell us about yourself!
I grew up in the country where everyone knows everyone and everyone is related to everyone. My dad had 12 siblings, my mom has 7, Hank's dad has 12, and Hank's mom has 6. Crazy! 

I always had big dreams of moving away to another state and did for a while when I went to college. I moved back home after college to save money and decide where I wanted to end up. That is when I met Hank. His family owns a business in the area that will be his someday so no moving. Long story short, my dreams have changed and we now live in a little town with our two dogs, Rabble and Kitt, and two cats, Brewer and Meica, in a home that we are currently remodeling. 

Hank and I are just big goofballs who love to laugh! 

I don't have a large number of posts on here but the advice and ideas that I have received from everyone on this board is something that I couldn't have found anywhere else. A ginormous THANKS from a small town girl who has never been to Mexico and had no idea how to start planning a wedding in Mexico!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
**Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards