Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Help, Newly engaged & not sure what to do :(

Hi ladies, I'm new to this website & loving it, all the DIY Ideas, & the support you seem to have for each other, so i'm coming to you guys first.. I've only beed engaged for a couple weeks. I curnetly live in Ohio & my Fiance live in California, I'm planning to move there at the end of the year after i"m done with school. Were wanting a California Wedding as well, how ever im finding out that  my family wont be able to make it. I understand times our tough & we were already planning on a small wedding anyways under 50, but now only my mom sister & 2 best friends will be able to make it.  it makes me want to elope but my fiance is willing to pay for half their tickets, with a small budget of $5000, I dont want to do that, it will more than double our budget easily.. all his family lives in Cali & he wants my family to be able to make it, im not all that close to mine so its not that big of a deal but i am torn & dont know what to do..

What have you guys done when it came to family & traveling to your destination weddings?

ADDED, as i cant seem to Reply, ( still getting used to these boards)

Thank you for all your help, I was already planning on Save The Dates (the travel voucher ones due to flying) But as a few of you had said if they want to be there then they will find a way.  I was second guessing myself as a big group of my family Just this month took a trip to mexico. So we will continue to plan a Cali Beach Wedding for next Summer, Thanks again   :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards