Mashed Red Potatoes

Ingredients

• 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
    • 1/2 cup butter
    • 1/2 cup milk
    • 1/4 cup sour cream
    • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain, and place in a large bowl.
    2. Combine potatoes with butter, milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Mash together until smooth and creamy.

• Options
    All Day Macaroni & Cheese

Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 5 hours, 10 minutesTotal Time: 5 hours, 15 minutes

Ingredients:

• 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
    • 1 (12 ounces) can evaporated milk
    • 1-1/2 cups milk
    • 2 eggs
    • 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Preparation:

Place the cooked macaroni in a slow cooker that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Add the evaporated milk, milk, eggs, and 3 cups of the Cheddar cheese. Mix well. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese, then cover and cook on the Low setting for 5 to 6 hours, or until the mixture is firm and golden around the edges. Do not remove the cover or stir until the macaroni has finished cooking.

Yield: 4 servings

Recipe Source: Mr. Food One-Pot, One Meal by Art Ginsberg (Wm Morrow) With Permission!!!!!!
  • Options
    Damn you both...now I'm hungry!!! lol ;) 
  • Options
    I hardly ever use recipes so I'm going to have to wing this one.....
    Grandma's Mashed Potatoes
    5 lbs Idaho potatoes
    2 tsp salt
    1 brick cream cheese
    1/4c milk (possibly more)

Peel potatoes & cut into chunks.  Add to pot of lukewarm water, along with salt.  Boil until potatoes can be easily poked with a fork.  (The larger your potatoes are cut, the longer they'll take to boil.)  Once they're done, drain well.  Return to pot and add the cream cheese.  Mash together until cheese is melted and everything is combined.  Add milk as needed to achieve your desired consistency.  Adjust salt to suit your taste.  Note: I always make the whole 5lb bag and freeze the leftovers because they take a while to make and they freeze well.)
  • Options
    mmmmm carbs......
    My Bio
    Our Wedding Day 8/7/10
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Chocolate Frosting from the Hershey's cocoa powder box.

Yeah.. it's been one of those days.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_tasty-tuesday-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:70733e19-5cd6-47e3-a821-c3228644f384Post:56e879fe-ae2b-492f-9256-4bfa175785d6">Re: ~Tasty Tuesday~</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chocolate Frosting from the Hershey's cocoa powder box. Yeah.. it's been one of those days.
    Posted by sarlah[/QUOTE]

LOL...right there with you!  I'll bring the container of cookie dough! ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_tasty-tuesday-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:70733e19-5cd6-47e3-a821-c3228644f384Post:fcd58f72-9ded-442e-91ad-07d7ae055451">Re: ~Tasty Tuesday~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ~Tasty Tuesday~ : LOL...right there with you!  I'll bring the container of cookie dough! ;)
    Posted by fsujen18[/QUOTE]

I prefer Rainbow chip icing so I'll tag along!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards