Destination Weddings Discussions

Looking for villa in Cozumel for Wedding/Reception

Hi.  My boyfriend and I are looking to get engaged in the next few months and we want to have a short engament.  So, I'm already in the planning stage. 

I visited Cozumel last week and love the small island vibe.  We both would like to rent a villa for 1 week and have the ceremony on the grounds, or at a beach nearby.  Then, head back to the villa for the reception. 

We are expecting no more than 40 people.  So, we want oceanfront villa, with a pool and at least 5 bedrooms.  We would also like to be close to town, so we can walk to restaurants/bars and etc. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

I see lots of villas, but not sure how they will feel about someone hosting a reception there.  Nothing fancy, but I want it to feel like a wedding recption. 

Also, we will have friends and family staying at B&Bs nearby, so we would like our villa to be the place where everyone hangs out and visits throughout the week. 

Do any of you have any experience with this sort of thing?  I'm not sure if they will allow people who are not staying there to enjoy the facilities/pool/ and etc.

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Also, can you get married on a Sunday in Cozumel?  And can someone in my family marry us there and it be legal?

Thanks,
Courtney

Re: Looking for villa in Cozumel for Wedding/Reception

• I do not have any information on Cozumel but I am doing something similar in Costa Rica for my wedding. I think it sounds great ! Most places will charge an event fee so just be sure to ask. Good luck and congrats!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maybe just do a symbolic ceremony with the family member and get legally married back in the states. This is what we are doing =)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards