Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

No longer love my dress....

What the H do I do now?????

I can't return it. And I can't spend a lot of money on a second dress (I'm talking I couldn't spend more than $150) The anxiety has been building about it and I hit the limit this weekend. I've been trying to talk myself in to loving it and I failed.

So I figured it was time to turn to my Knottie ladies!
Any advise is more then welcome.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!

Re: No longer love my dress....

• Options
    I think a lot of us have felt this way at one point or another.  Whenever I feel this way, I style my hair and put on my shoes and my dress and then I feel better. 

I wear dresses so much that the idea that I will only get to wear one wedding dress ever is a little disappointing.  And then I start looking online at other dresses or watching Say Yes to the Dress, neither of which helps.  Also, just because a dress looks good in a picture does not mean it looks good on me.  I think the stock photo of my dress looks nothing like my actual dress.

I have to remind myself that once you find the dress, you're supposed to stop looking.  Just like when you find the right man, you're supposed to stop looking!
  • Options
    I think many if not most of us went through this, you are not alone!  I know I did!  In the end I think we all either loved our dress (I did!!) or said screw it and splurged and went and got another.  Maybe post it here and get everyone's feedback?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with gbi829...watchng those shows and looking at other dresses havent helped me at all...as soon as i bought my dress I started looking agian and found a million things i thought i liked better but when my dress came in finalyl all white and brand new and i put it on with my shoes and veil all those doubts went away...id say try the dress on with everything and see how you are feeling
    Dreams Do Come True...Sept 25, 2010 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks girls. The pic is in my profile if you want to check it out...I think...

I need some alone time so I can try my dress on!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    I'm not one of the girls that gets that feeling when I was dress shopping. And its not because i didn't find the dress its because its a dress to me. Yes its THE dress for THE moment but there just wasn't one look I liked. So I finally picked a contender and went with it. I'm not looking back because I know I love this look just as much as I love another one.

However! I did have a friend who planned her wedding with a tight budget in 2 months. We went to DOZENS of shops looking for a dress that could fit in her tight $200 budget... well! Luck was on her side because she found it! She actually found it on the $99 rack at DB. Not a typical fan myself of the store, this dress was a discontinued style in limited production and let me tell you, I am STILL pea green with envy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress! So... I guess what I'm saying is, if the dress isn't what you want, put it on sale on a wedding dress website and go looking for another dress.

But remember, Its just a dress so don't stress.
    Harper Grace 8.31.12
    ?imageimage

• Options
    I agree w/ gabi829 as well! I think a lot of us have felt this way at some point or another, I know I have! It's tough when you only get to choose one dress out of SO many lol. I keep reminding myself that I do love it though, can't wait for it to come in so I can try it on again!

Good luck :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I've been feeling the same way lately and I know its because I've been watching Say Yes...but I also know that I did love my dress the day I purchased it.  It's comforting to hear that so many other ladies went through this process and loved their dress come "game time" and I'm sure you will too.  Let us know how the most recent try on went!
  • Options

Yeah, i have tried to stop watching all the wedding shows on TV and i've stopped looking online so that it doesn't happen to me.  What about your dress are you not liking?  Maybe you could bling it up a little bit.

• Options
    Yea, I'm feeling the same way too! I have never really "LOVED" my dress. I never got that "This is THE dress" feeling, but I did feel that I rocked the dress...then like the other ladies said, I felt like I was required to have that feeling after watching the show "say yes to the dress" and that other newer dress reality tv show. I started to really question if I picked the right dress...I too ended up not watching those shows. Just to keep my sanity. 

I'll just deal with the dress I have because its not in my budget to get another one. I hope that once I try my dress on again with all the accessories I will like it.

No worries, it will all turn out well no matter what you decide to do.Smile  That's what I choose to believe (even for myself!)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_longer-love-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:7e4d9bba-7ddb-42cb-81bb-02d02f9fd148Post:8a693ee9-925d-45e4-a9dd-da6aa39d73ef">Re: No longer love my dress....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just like when you find the right man, you're supposed to stop looking!
    Posted by gabi829[/QUOTE]

Oh crap, now you tell me ;)

I was freaking out after I bought mine, picturing how horrific it must look and how on earth could I pick such an ugly dress. I wanted and bought a white dress, but for some reason, I kept imagining it as an ivory or dirty white dress. But when I tried it on again, all my worries went away.

What are the parts of it that you don't like?  I think one thing that many brides go through is feeling like they are missing out on other dresses after having chosen one. Think back to why you chose your dress in the first place. If you are truly not happy with it, there are other options for you to find an inexpensive dress - Craigslist, the Knot's wedding classifieds, David's Bridal $99 gown sale, someone who makes imitation dresses (i.e., Milly's bridal), or even a white or ivory bridesmaid dress. You could also try to talk to the company through which you bought it (I know most are no returns), but you could see if they'd be willing to trade it or return it for at least some of your money back.

Sorry, I know it sucks to be feeling this way. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards