Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Can you tell I'm feeling a bit grouchy? The wrong wedding band came in AGAIN. I'm going to blame it on Friday the 13th instead of my initial reaction that our wedding is cursed.  They now have my engagement ring in an attempt to make a custom piece. Good thing we ordered it in DECEMBER.  In related news, they gave me the wrong wedding band as a loner so I'd have something to wear and it just feels weird to be wearing one.

We also registered tonight.  We made very small lists at Target, Kohls, and Bed Bath and Beyond.  We mostly registered for nice sheets and towels, plus a few kitchen odds and ends.  We also added beach towels for our DW.  FI loved having the scanner, of course.  I had to come home and delete a few items. :)  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be once we got going.

Happy wedding day Laura and Kelly!
06.24.11 OBX, NC
Planning Bio
Married Bio

Re: Stupid, stupid, stupid!

• Options
    Are you freaking KIDDING ME!? You just can't win with this place. How long do they expect it to take to do the custom piece? And more importantly-- how long do you have to be without your e-ring? That makes me feel uncomfortable... :(

Registering isn't all bad once you get started! I wish FI had helped, but it's been all me. He helped when we furnished our apartment, but all of the registry stuff is odds and ends and he just doesn't care.

Happy to hear that at least THAT went well. ;)
  • Options
    OMG!!!!!  I'm so sorry about your ring.  It's a never ending battle.

But I'm glad the registering went well.  And of course your FI wanted the scanner.  It's the fun part.  LOL!  You won't regret registering for those few little things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ugh, how frustrating!  Hopefully since they have your e-ring, they'll be able to get it right this time!

YAY fordoing the registry.  I think the guys don't realize how fun, if that's the right word, it is until they see the scanner thing.  When we went, I wasn't even allowed to touch it..let alone look at it!

Glad you were able to find some nice things to make it a little easier for your co-workers!
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    I'm glad you enjoyed doing the registry after you guys were against it.  I think it will be great to get a few presents and update some stuff!

That is just straight up dumb about the ring.  Is their name Once in a life tyme rings and related to my once in a life tyme bridal shop?!?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_stupid-stupid-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:7f2f92ea-5620-430c-9bb5-87481c3aaa0dPost:a0137850-7226-468d-8b71-de36971d1de8">Re: Stupid, stupid, stupid!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad you enjoyed doing the registry after you guys were against it.  I think it will be great to get a few presents and update some stuff! That is just straight up dumb about the ring. <strong> Is their name Once in a life tyme rings and related to my once in a life tyme bridal shop?!?</strong>
    Posted by sld0618[/QUOTE]

<div>HAHA</div>
  • Options

Sarah, no but I'm sure they could be long-lost business partners.

We went in today to get my ering back.  They had a wax cast made already and it seemed to line up correctly side to side, but it was so hard to tell because it's so fragile you can't handle it a lot.  Plus, it's a hunk of green wax instead of platinum and diamonds. It was a bit thicker/rounder than mine, but he assured me it would be a perfect match when it comes back in two weeks. Let's hope so!

06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards