Destination Weddings Discussions

Photographer for AHR- how much $$?

We are marrying on the beach but having an AHR once home.  I really want a pro photographer for the AHR - I'd love for them to be there for about 3 or even 4 hours...and wonder what this will cost. 
It will be a huge bummer if they're rates are the same for AHR as they would be for full-on local wedding!!!  But I need to know either way.

Does anyone have any idea???
thanks;)

judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.

Re: Photographer for AHR- how much $$?

• Maybe shopping it as an event than wedding related.... I'm having a photoag friend help assist with AHR pictures as well as asking invites to forward their pictures to us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I've done a bit of shopping/research and heard back from a couple of photogs already.  Seems they charge half what their normal rates would be...which still ends up $1000 or a bit more.  Guess they have to make it worth it- since they could be doing a full-on wedding that day and making twice as much.

I was hoping to keep it around $700 or less. I'm going to put "pro photography" toward the bottom of the list and if there is room in the budget then fabulous...if not- then we'll rely on friends.  Somewhat of a bummer, but not the end of the world.
    =)

judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.
  • I'm having trouble with this too. All the photogs I can find say that Saturdays are reserved for weddings and offered at the wedding package rate. I'm almost ready to go without one. I would love to hear what you end up doing.
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a profession photographer for our at-home reception.  He is going to be there for the reception (3 hours) plus he agreed to do 1 hour in the morning for family photos.  He is charging us $500, but the reception is going to be held on a Sunday
  • Our photog is doing the AHR for $650. We intially just booked her for e-pics and the AHR, but ultimately decided to fly her down to Jamaica. Photography was definitely our splurge - it will be roughly $2300 for e-pics, her travel, wedding pics, TTD pics and AHR pics.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards