Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Grrr - SO annoyed with Shipping Companies!

I ordered the shirt that FI is going to wear for our wedding through Express. It's the perfect color and he loved the fit when he tried it on in the store. But in the store they had the right color in the wrong size, so I decided to order it online.

We order stuff from Express ALL THE TIME. It's where I get all of my work clothes. They always ship with UPS and they leave it at our door, no problems.

Well this time, they shipped FedEx. No biggie, FedEx always leaves it at our door too. We're good.

Well, FedEx passed it off to the Post office somewhere along the way (Why?) and it seems they've lost the package. The FedEx tracking says it was delivered 2 days ago, but when I called the Post office they couldn't confirm that. We ALWAYS have issues with the post office delivering our packages. 

Why can't one carrier just keep it through the entire delivery process?! It seems like every time they pass it off to the post office we have a problem. It's looking like I'm going to need to file a claim, but who the heck do I file through?

Re: Grrr - SO annoyed with Shipping Companies!

• Options
    Thats weird that they passed it off, I have never heard of that before. I would file a claim with fedex, its their fault for trying to put it in someone elses hands I think. Sorry they lost it, I would be very frustrated.
  • Options
    This happen to me to -- although the post office didn't lose my package.  Apparently, it's some sorta cheaper way to ship called FedEx SmartPost.  My tracking number was actually for the post office - not fedex.  It is a really slow method and it does not seem that the tracking is ever up to date. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 48 Invited image7 Coming to party image0 Missing the fun image 41 Not Replied
    RSVP Date:May 16, 2011
  • Options
    They've done this to me and it always gets lost.  I can't stand the post office.  Example A: I mailed the invites and the postcards with the changes on the invites at the same time for our AHR....please explain to me how some people are only getting the invite and not the postcard?!?

Talk to Express, they probably deal with this all the time.  Barnes and Noble will ship you a new one with a different carrier and then take it up with the post office themselves.
  • Options
    Okay,

So I talked to Fed Ex, they can't do anything.

Called the post office, they're looking for it and should call me back.

Called Express, and they said to give the Post Office until tomorrow to try to find it and if they can't to call back and they'll send out another order free of charge.

Kind of a pain in the butt, but I'm glad we'll get it taken care of.

I just can't imagine that it was actually delivered and stolen. We have things delivered to our apartment ALL THE TIME. Literally several packages a week. We're the youngest couple in our building by at least 20 years... and most of the people in our building are seniors.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_grrr-annoyed-shipping-companies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:8a344c19-d34c-4cf2-b5cf-5bb3d2eddae6Post:923f3bc5-7235-4997-a8fe-fc05766670f7">Re: Grrr - SO annoyed with Shipping Companies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, So I talked to Fed Ex, they can't do anything. Called the post office, they're looking for it and should call me back. Called Express, and they said to give the Post Office until tomorrow to try to find it and if they can't to call back and they'll send out another order free of charge. Kind of a pain in the butt, but I'm glad we'll get it taken care of. I just can't imagine that it was actually delivered and stolen. We have things delivered to our apartment ALL THE TIME. Literally several packages a week. We're the youngest couple in our building by at least 20 years... and most of the people in our building are seniors.
    Posted by breaness[/QUOTE]

No, they lost it.  They literally did the exact same thing with me and argued with me on the phone that I was lying about it.  I let them have it and blamed their dumb system for giving my book to someone else.  Like the average person is going to send back free merchandise, come on now people!  They couldn't confirm that they specifically delivered it to my office.  At least they said they would get back to you tomorrow.  They told me to call a number that didn't work and then when I called the other number back, they hung up on me.  Fuming.
  • Options
    I've had sooooooo many problems with the USPS! Seriously, hate them! Hope you get the shirt soon.
  • Options
    Since you said you live in an apartment, have you checked the leasing office?  Even if they don't do this on a regular basis, maybe it was a different driver or post man then normal and they took it to the office.

I'm an assistant manager of an apartment community and we have carriers that will bring them to the office with no note on the door, nothing.  We have carries thatjust leave it at the residents door and we have carriers that do it the right way, knock on the door, wait, no answer leave a notice and then bring to the office.

I also live at another apartment and it varries as well as to when and where I'm going to get my box!

Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_grrr-annoyed-shipping-companies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:8a344c19-d34c-4cf2-b5cf-5bb3d2eddae6Post:8b06cd63-364d-4312-8471-b6cbc12c87b1">Re: Grrr - SO annoyed with Shipping Companies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since you said you live in an apartment, have you checked the leasing office?  Even if they don't do this on a regular basis, maybe it was a different driver or post man then normal and they took it to the office. I'm an assistant manager of an apartment community and we have carriers that will bring them to the office with no note on the door, nothing.  We have carries thatjust leave it at the residents door and we have carriers that do it the right way, knock on the door, wait, no answer leave a notice and then bring to the office. I also live at another apartment and it varries as well as to when and where I'm going to get my box! Good luck!
    Posted by Kayla&Brian412[/QUOTE]

<div>Good suggestion! I called and they didn't have anything. We've never had a package dropped off to them so I didn't think of it. All of our carriers just leave at the door. So weird.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards