Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

nicole**

Did you send out for your new passport yet?  I won't be able to get to the post office til tomorrow.  I hope that it will still count by the end of the year if they don't get it til next week.  I can't believe I waited this long!  I'm printing the form online, how did you do it?  I don't like having to mail all of this info.  What kind of envelope did you use?  I might just take it all to the post office and buy a secure envelope there. 
Photobucket

Re: nicole**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just did mine today to update my name within 1 year of getting passport (yeah, 1st passport at 28 years old - sad).  I took everything to the post office where I thought they would be helpful, but they were not.  You'll need the form filled out, new pics (if your pic is older than 6 months, but they can do the pic at the PO), your marriage certificate w/notary seal and your old passport.  Send it all out.  I put mine in a padded envelope and got a delivery confirmation and sealed it with extra tape.  The passport office is in Philadelphia, which I hope speeds up the return time.

They will send the marriage certificate back to you, don't worry :)
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm 28 and this is my first passport too.  My HM was my first time out of the US.

I just printed out the filled out form and it said I owe $0 which is calming. 

I have:
    -2 photos just in case, even though I got my passport 4 months ago (they gave    me 2 extra photos when I originally got my passport.)
    -my passport
    -marriage certificate from the state
    -the complete form that I filled out online

I'll take it to the post office tomorrow.  I'm taking it to the Narberth post office b/c it's by my work.  I went there a month ago to get the form and they were really helpful so I lucked out.  I'll talk to the same lady I always go to and hopefully, she'll help me with packaging.  How much was postage?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do it yet. If you are going to Snyder Plaza you may have to go over to the Rite Aid for a picture. I don't have a license with a notary seal and didn't need it for my license either. Anyway, if you are unsure what you need try to go to John, tell him you are friends with Nicole, he is usually really helpful.

I was having panic attacks when I had to send out my birth certificate.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I obviously wrote my post before seeing yours!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    by the way, are you getting e-mails from my new comcast account? or am I going right to your spam?!?!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten an email from you in a while.  I gave up on emailing you lol that's why I paged u.  I'll have to keep my eye open in my junk box but I'm usually pretty good about catching them.  Hmmm...I'll pay better attention.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sent you one today :)

I am filling out the form now for the passport. Do I put my maiden name or new last name at the top of the form?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I paid $2-something for postage in a padded envelope.  Not much at all.

Nicole - You put your new name on the form.  It will ask you further down for other/maiden names, and again what name is on your current passport.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_nicole-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:19277b2a-08b8-4787-aadd-4b2af118c860Post:c76396eb-0f3a-47de-b535-028e897820b1">Re: nicole**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I  Nicole - You put your new name on the form.  It will ask you further down for other/maiden names, and again what name is on your current passport.
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

Good, I just read Nicole's post and I got nervous.  THIS is what I did.  If you do anything wrong or that they dont't understand, the lady at the post office said they will call you.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards