Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Anniversary poll

Today is our 4 year anniversary! I just realized it's the last time we'll celebrate this anniversary since we'll be married and celebrating our wedding anni from now on.

I mentioned it to FI, he says "no way, we'll still celebrate this day too!"

What anniversaries do you celebrate?

Re: Anniversary poll

• Options
    awwwww I can't play this game! :( I don't even remember the exact date we started dating on since it was so long ago and we never celebrated it initially!!!
  • Options
    We go by the day we met.  We actually split up once for a few months in the beginning (FI left to work on a cruise ship...I was so bummed), so we go with that :)  I think once we get married we will use our wedding day as our anniversary.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Fun poll! If you ask FI, I bet he'd choose 'Wedding Anniversary'. We've been celebrating the day we made it 'official', which made four years last month. We went out and celebrated on the day, but silly FI says "what is our anniversary of", and I said "of dating for 4 years", and he says "but we aren't just dating anymore". I'm assume we'll just celebrate our wedding anniversary, but I'll always mini-celebrate our 'dating' anniversary.  :p

Congrats on 4 years TinkerToy!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    misslolmisslol member
    First Comment
    our wedding date in December will be 10 years to the day since we first spoke on the phone, and 2 years to the day since we got engaged. I know it's kind of hijacking an existing anniversary, but it works for us!

We also celebrate our dating anniversary in March :)
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • Options
    I voted first date, but I actually can't remember what our anniversary is of! It might be the date of our first kiss. Is that bad that I can't remember?

Monday is our 6 year anniversary...our last "dating anniversary". After we're married we'll only celebrate our wedding anniversary, but they're only seperated by 5 days so I guess theoretically we could celebrate both at the same time :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Boo! I can't play... I have none of the above. FI and I have been technically together for over 8 years. Yes I know, we met young. And back then we weren't really looking for a relationship so neither one of us took anything serious until we realized probably about a year and half into it that we really were dating! Actually he told me we were dating... I'm like we are? ok... thanks for telling me! :) it was kind of funny and cute. But since then we'll sort of celebrate in the month of October (same month we're getting married in) but we don't have a date and we don't do anything special. Just maybe make a point to go out to dinner. I can't wait to have a REAL anniversary... ok wow... i just rambled.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I don't really know what day we became "Official" so we will just do our wedding anniversary, although I know we met in February and starting becoming a thing in March, so I could always make him celebrate for 2 months! haha!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We celebrate first date right now, obviously after the wedding we will switch & celebrate it :)   Happy Anniversary!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I kind of made an educated guess as to our 'anniversary' date in the first place, I'm looking forward to having an actual for sure day.  Most of the time I forget about the anniversary until a few days later.  It's in august and that will be our 6 year mark, married in november so it's close enough.
  • Options
    This year we did "celebrate" our dating anniversary, sort of. Mainly we acknowledged it and said nice things to each other, lol. We'll probably always acknowledge our dating anniversay, but we'll only celebrate our wedding anniversary.
  • Options
    We celebrate our first date anniversary and our half anniversary! hahaha. We couldn't wait to celebrate our 6 months since we were amazed we've been together that long and just been doing it since. Poor FI is filled with dates already in his head, and men are not good with dates, so not sure if he'll remember our engagement anniversary. 
  • Options
    We celebrate the day we met. FI asked to "make it official" over the phone on Christmas Day while I was home in MA with my family. Since my birthday is Dec. 21, I already get overwhelmed with December celebrations, so I wanted to celebrate the day we met instead. Plus, we've been practically inseperable since the day we met so it seemed right. I'll admit, I did have to go back and check the calendar to see what that date was, but it was the Saturday of Veterans' Day wknd in 2006 so it was easy to pinpoint.
  • Options
    WE met on his birthday 7 years ago- and have been inseperable ever since so I am so very glad to change our anniversary, lol.  It's been WAY to easy for him to remember our anniversary so far!! :)
  • Options
    Yesterday was my birthday as well as the Anniversary of our engagement! We went to a wine tasting and dinner.
  • Options
    We're getting married two days after our third anniversary of the first date and one week before our engagement anniversary, so we'll probably roll all three into one big celebration. 
  • Options
    Our first date will be our wedding anniversary. We are getting married 7 years after our first date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards