Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

I understand budgets but.....

There is a girl I went to high school with on my facebook page who posted she went to good will and found her wedding dress for $4.99, but it had the color of the day tag so it was half off and she got to use her discount card, then she said she is going to the dollar store to get fake flowers to make her boquet and that she's going to ask her guests to bring a dish for the reception.  I told FI that there are just some things you don't need to put on facebook...LOL!!!

Re: I understand budgets but.....

• Options
    If you get invited, we demand photos!
  • Options
    OK, the dress and flowers are her thing, but if I got invited to a wedding where I had to bring a covered dish?!?!?  She should at least invest in a cheap caterer with all the money she saved on her dress and flowers!
  • Options

I mean, don't get me wrong, I totally understand having a budget and stuff, but come on, they've both been married before so if you are in that much of a financial low, just go to the JP.  She doesn't seem to care what people think so I'm sure she'll post photos, the "wedding" is May 1st, so I will copy them for you all to see.

• Options
    Yeah, the JP would be the way to go.
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • Options
    W.O.W. Surprised
    New bio with helpful info for DW knotties!
    Ashley & Josh ~ The Reef Resort ~ Grand Cayman~ May 15th 2010
    imageimage
  • Options

I'm all about keeping a budget and I'm damn proud of saving money where I can.....but you don't need to share all of your cost saving tips, somethings are better left unsaid ;o)

• Options
    Hahaha...Beth...yes it's shocking...but I heard something like that when I was watching Rich Bride, Poor Bride on cable. The girl had a $15000 budget and asked her guests to bring food. She and her family took care of appetizers by buying frozen food the catering hall can heat up/bake like corn dogs, buffalo wings, etc. I was nervous for the girl as to what her final wedding would look like!
  • Options
    So that means you can buy her gift at Dollar Tree? lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_understand-budgets-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:9da8beeb-582f-4f7d-ba02-c39bb4d6ba79Post:21774c54-c9cc-4cf6-8833-bfd7a6d0825d">I understand budgets but.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]  I told FI that there are just some things you don't need to put on facebook...LOL!!!
    Posted by dew3162[/QUOTE]<div>This, haha! 

</div>
  • Options
    OMG! I'm speechless...but can't wait to check out the pics!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards