Destination Weddings Discussions

My flowers...with picts

So after Shelli's and Ashley's fiasco with their flowers and me having already contracted to have them done by the same Esty seller, I have been a little nervous. I got pictures today and I am pleased so far. My only worry is that they may end up on the small side like Shelli's. So here they are, first one is mine then the second is my daughters.

I am still a little on the paranoid side and I guess I will be until they actually get to me. Here is to crossed fingers!!

Re: My flowers...with picts

• They look pretty!

Perhaps you can have her take a picture of them next to an item so you can get a better sense of the size? Maybe have her take a picture of them next to a soda can, or something else. Just a suggestion. :)
    Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
    Planning Bio My Blog
  • And lots of vibes that they are perfect!!
    Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
    Planning Bio My Blog
  • I agree with PP and did she give you pictures of other angles? If not, it wouldn't hurt to ask for them.
  • I love Meghan's idea of taking the pics next to a standard sized item.  Otherwise, I think they look great!
  • Excellent plan girls! Let me get to Esty & typing........

• They turned out pretty, love the colors!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I was the one who "fixed" Shelli's flowers and I have to say.... that woman is a SCAM ARTIST!!!!

First of all, if the bouquet seems small, she gets her flowers from www.afloral.com. So if they seem small to you, you can always get more and fill them in yourself.  (I did convo her and ask her where she got Shelli's flowers so I could order more, explaining what a great person Shelli was and how she deserved the best for her wedding.  The seller never bothered to respond, proving she doesn't care about her customers.

She also tore the wires out of the stems because they were REALLLLLLLLY hard to cut.  So basically even if Shelli wanted to, she couldn't reposition the flowers to make the bouquet appear fuller because the wires were gone.  Honestly, Shelli was able to send me all 4 of her BM bouquets in a box that was seriously smaller than the box my 2 year old's Easter shoes came in.  I actually cried when I opened it because it was so pathetic.

I would also convo her and ask her what the flowers were made of.  I believe Ashley's "styrofoam" flowers were actually made of latex, which can look realistic until you get up close.  Then they just look cheap.  If she tells you they're latex, tell her you don't want them - TRUST ME ON THIS ONE.

Definitely get a pic next to a standard sized object, and ask her whether the wires have been removed from the stems, and whether they're latex flowers.  Not to be a Debbie Downer, but Shelli's flowers were HORRENDOUS.  I don't know how that seller is still in business!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards