Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Hi, I'm a New DW Knottie

Hello Knotties!

I'm newly engaged and wanted to take a second to introduce myself to the board. I’m Anna. I was a DW Bride before for my first wedding and loved the idea of it, so I'm back for round 2!

FI and I are both from Detroit but planning a July 12, 2014 wedding in Virginia- The Inn at Willow Grove. (We plan on moving to Richmond in about a year or so.) There are gardens, a renovated barn, a manor house and a covered outdoor location for dancing, after party drinks, etc.

I work in the fashion/film industry as a wardrobe stylist/ dress designer and will be designing my own dress and accessories. FI works in marketing and travel and likes to thinks he’s a farmer. (LOL) He owns a farm in the Northern Neck of VA and we will eventually be turning the farm into a winery with a B&B.

The next big check is photography. We have dear freinds that own a floral/tux shop local to Detroit and they will be doing florals and officiating.

Look forward to getting to you know ladies better & Happy Planning!

Re: Hi, I'm a New DW Knottie

• Options
    Welcome Anna! How nice to have some ideas already!! Look forward to hearing more :) Congratulations!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! Your ideas sound great so far - definitely keep us updated on your dress design - that sounds so cool that you will do it yourself!!
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! 

Your plans so far sound lovely! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome Anna & congratulations!!
    Looking forward to getting to know you, and hearing more about your plans!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and Congratulations!!!
    Love that your FI "thinks" he is a farmer, lol!  Although owning a farm, he is technically right, no?  I especially love the idea of turning it to a winery and b&b!!  I would be very intrigued to stay at a place like that!!

We hope you stick around and share all of your planning with us! :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies!

Lots more crossing off of potential checks this week :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards