Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

For all who have gone over to the "Flip Side"

What was the ONE aspect about your DW that you loved the most. 
(Invites, ceremony, OOT bags, dress, etc.)

Re: For all who have gone over to the "Flip Side"

• Options
    Ceremony, hands down. It was simple, beautiful, intimate..perfect.  Seeing him seeing me..holding his hand there as we spoke our vows.  It was beyond perfection.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Aw Jamie, that brought a tear to my eye!  So special...I can't wait to have that moment too :)
  • Options
    I would have to say the best part of our entire DW was when we were saying our vows.

As you all may remember, it was Brian's idea from the get go to have us write our own vows.  I was pretty terrified of two things:  one... that he'd pull off some MJ moves someway, somehow and two... I had to write my own vows.

It was amazing that while neither of us had ANY clue whatsoever what each other was going to say, we both referenced his parents and my mom looking down at us from Heaven above and being so utterly happy for us!!

That was the one special moment for me!! 

By the way..... here's a photo of me THE MORNING OF.... writing my vows.

• Options
    Jamie and Shelli

you both brought a tear to my eye (while at work too, sheesh) and a fat smile. I cannot wait for my turn...just hearing about how special it was for you two, it's exhilarating.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • Options
    Well, gotta say, the night before getting drunk together and dancing was pretty great too. :) In seven years we had NEVER been drunk together because he does not drink-oh and we had never danced because he does not dance!  That night was both and it was a night TO REMEMBER!  Still does not beat the ceremony though.  :)
  • Options
     I loved our ceremony, how the ocean breeze was in my hair, and he looked at me smiling, and how only our closest friends and family were there.
    It was so intimate!
    We also really loved how we both got to talk to each and every one of our guests, and spend time with them. It was so relaxed, and beautiful 
    [:)]

???`?.??.??TTCAL/PGAL/PAL Welcome,imageare not??.??.???`?
    My Funny Lil' Thoughts in a blog | Follow Me on Pinterest
    imageimageimageimageimage
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC Since September 2011
    BFP#1:Dec.1.11 EDD:Aug.09.12 MC:Jan.11.12 (9WK5D)-Natural
    BFP#2:Apr.18.12 EDD:Dec.21.12 MC:May.1.12 (6WK3D)-D&C
    BFP#3:Sep.12.12 - Suspected CP | BFP#4:Dec.1.12 - Suspected CP
    BFP#5: Dec.26.12 EDD:Sep.10.13 MC:Jan.7.13 (4WK6D)-Natural
    ???? ???? ????? ????? ?????? ????? ???? ???, ??? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????? ?? ???? ??? ??? ????? ???? ?????? ??? ??? ??? ?????? ??? ??? ?????? ?? ?'. ????? ???? ???? ?? ???? ???? ?????? ?????? ???? ???? ?? ???? ????? ?????? ??????
  • Options
    awww you guys make me wish it was my day right now.

• Options
    You guys! I've got tears in my eyes right now! Many blessings to all of you married ladies!
    Wedding Countdown TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think my favorite part was after the ceremony when Harry's dad and my bff gave their toasts, Harry just stood there with me with his arm around my waist holding me perfect and his dad gave this beautiful sentimental toast (with him, and I think Harry, tearing up as well).  It was just so special to have that moment together with the people who mean the most to us.

p.s. Harry says his favorite moment was of me walking down the aisle
  • Options
    I think my favorite part was just how only my favorite people where there.  Only the ones that I really wanted to share the special day with and I didn't feel the need to make the rounds and talk to a bunch of people I could care less about.  I could spend quality time with the people that I love.  It was very intimate and beautiful.  And now I really want to go back! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Aww all of your stories are so wonderful! They're making me so excited for my time to come! :)

PS Shelli! LOL @ your worry that he'd pull off some MJ moves. Love it ;)
  • Options
    Awww!  All such great stories.  I can't wait to be on "the flip side."  :)
  • Options
    LOL Shelli I'm soooo jealous of your hubby! I love MJ and would LOVE for my FI to bust out a MJ move at our ceremony! LOL :)
  • Options
    Ok so I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way as I loved every.single.second of our wedding, but the thing I probably loved THE MOST were actually my flowers. Surprised

Of course I loved the ceremony, seeing Ted, the intimacy of a small group, etc. But man... I stressed about those flowers for so long, and they were spectacular. The bouquets, bouts, centerpieces, floral decorations... they were all spectacular.
  • Options
    Jamie - I'll have to remember that about the night before, FI doesn't drink, and doesn't dance, but he said he was going drink during out trip.

Ladies, your making me all emotional... awwwww.
    My Bio
    Our Wedding Day 8/7/10
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am with Shelli and have to say my vows!  I stressed over this for months and months about writing our own vows.  Colin and I wrote them and sent them to ahead of time to the company... I tried to be nosy and read them but of course he was very good at hiding/deleting them so I couldn't snoop.  We then got our vows printed as a message in a bottle type thing, and they gave us the copy of them, which are now hanging up.  Thankfully we did get a copy afterwards because Colin was so choked up reading his vows I could barely understand him.  Even though I felt that mine we not the greatest I think it was WAY more meaningful that we had a personalized vow as opposed to a cookie cutter wedding. I am so glad that all the stress of writing them paid off in the end.
  • Options
    Mine was having everyone there together on vacation more so than the actual wedding itself. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards