Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

I think it's time...Getting to Know You!

With Beckerz comment about not knowing many of us, I think it's time for a getting to know you survey!

Your Name/FI's Name:
Your Age/FI's Age:
Your Job/FI's Job:
Wedding Date:
Wedding Location:
What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a givenWink):

Re: I think it's time...Getting to Know You!

• Options
    Your Name/FI's Name: Kayla & Brian
    Your Age/FI's Age: 22 & 23
    Your Job/FI's Job: Assistant Community Manager & Tire Warehouse Office Manager
    Wedding Date: 11.4.11 (199 Days!)
    Wedding Location: Cancun, Mexico
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a givenWink): I am excited to have our closest friends in Mexico with us.  Its never happened where they are all in one spot considering my 3 BM are in 3 different states!  I can't wait.
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name: Brea & Steve
    Your Age/FI's Age: 23 & 27
    Your Job/FI's Job: Both video production professionals. He's works at a local production company that does a lot of stuff for local sports teams and CBS College sports. I work full time at a local university doing video production, I also teach video production @ Towson University, own my own photography business, and I do a lot of sports production freelance like working for the Redskins as a video editor and going to the Super Bowl :)
    Wedding Date: 10-10-11 
    Wedding Location: Makena Beach, Maui, Hawaii
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a givenWink): I am most excited about going to Hawaii. We've never been and we're not going before the wedding. My body may be in Maryland but my brain has been in Hawaii for the last four months!
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name: Amanda and Tim
    Your Age/FI's Age: 24 and 26
    Your Job/FI's Job: I work in the government wokring with marine issues and FI is an enrollment advisor at an online university
    Wedding Date: May 14th, 2011
    Wedding Location: Sandals Royal Caribbean-Montego Bay, JAMAICA!!
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  I am most excited to see how everything turns out.  I am also excited for our first look session!
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name: Ashley and Geoff
    Your Age/FI's Age:
    24 and 26
     Your Job/FI's Job:
    Collections Officer/ Loan processor, FI is a Correctional Officer for the state
    Manager Wedding Date:
    10/19/12
    Wedding Location: 
    Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  Going to Mexico with our friends. We never see them, and when we do it's just for a quick meal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name:  Kelly & Matt
    Your Age/FI's Age: 32/32
    Your Job/FI's Job: Contracts & Credit/Ordering for a telecom co/Senior Systems Admin (I have no idea what he really does Wink )
    Wedding Date:  Friday May 13
    Wedding Location:  St Lucia
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married? Getting married? Vacation?  All of the above, I'm just excited!  Laughing 
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name: Pamela & Steven Your Age/FI's Age: both 24 Your Job/FI's Job: medical secretary/nurse's aid/nursing student & FI is a CDL Driver Wedding Date: 6.25.11 (10 weeks to go!!!) Wedding Location: Dreams Resort Puntaa Cana, DR What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a given I'm more excited about our First Look, vows, beach bonfire, & TTD session :D *** I can't do color I'm on my phone :(

Wedding Bio

New Married Blog
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker ~Pamela&Steven~6.25.2011~PuntaCana,DR~ image
  • Options

Your Name/FI's Name:  Jillian & Mikey
    Your Age/FI's Age:   Im 26 hell be 29 in 2 weeks
    Your Job/FI's Job:  Im a host/bookkeeper at a restaurant, hes a store manager
    Wedding Date:    9. 3.11
    Wedding Location:  San Juan, Puerto Rico
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a givenWink

Im excited it a dw...im really excited about that and the honeymoon

• Options
    Your Name/FI's Name: Michaela and Michael
    Your Age/FI's Age: Both 26
    Your Job/FI's Job: Pharma Sales Rep and Project Manager
    Wedding Date: July 9, 2011
    Wedding Location: Key West Florida, Ocean Key Resort and Spa
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a given): I am prob most excited about walking down the isle and seeing FI reaction for the first time. My photogs better capture my face and his when we see each other!
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name: Nikki/Matt
    Your Age/FI's Age: 23/25
    Your Job/FI's Job: Mechanical Engineer/Flight Instructor and Soccer Coach
    Wedding Date: 6/3/12
    Wedding Location: Cruise boat in Galveston - going to the Cayman Islands (FI's grandma was born and raised there), Jamaica, and Cozumel
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a given ) I'm really excited about getting to spend time with all of our family on a week long vacation. And for them to get to know each other. My selfish favorite thing is the trash the dress in the cayman islands.
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name: Saundra and Sean
    Your Age/FI's Age: Both 30  
    Your Job/FI's Job: Admission Director at a private school/full time student and retired from Navy 
    Wedding Date: 6/18/11
    Wedding Location:  Cancun, Mexico
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  Of course I'm excited about seeing everyone and the whole wedding, but beyond that, I think I am the very most exited for a 10-day vacation...I need it!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name: Erin/Jed
    Your Age/FI's Age:  25/27
    Your Job/FI's Job:  Asst CFO/Title Clerk/ FI-welder
    Wedding Date: 6/17/11
    Wedding Location:  Key West, FL
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  I can't wait to be on vacation for 10 days!!!! Our closest friends will be there for 5 days with us!!
    My Bio
    Updated 6.8.11

Our Website
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name: Tiffany/Jim
    Your Age/FI's Age: 25/31
    Your Job/FI's Job: Personal Banker/ Heavy Haul Truck Driver
    Wedding Date: April 30th, 2011!!!!!!!!
    Wedding Location: LAS VEGAS!
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married? Hmmm taking his last name, trying to have a baby, being double covered on insurance!lol
    BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name: Brenda/Matt
    Your Age/FI's Age: 29/33
    Your Job/FI's Job: markeing/financial analyst
    Wedding Date: May 4th, 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wedding Location: Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married? Starting a family:) I have babies on the brain bad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    IYour Name/FI's Name: Kelly/Dennis
    Your Age/FI's Age: 40/43 (We are OLD!)
    Your Job/FI's Job: Software Consultant/Elec Engineer
    Wedding Date: Friday June 10, 2011 (less than 60 days!)
    Wedding Location: Puerto Penasco, Mexico
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a given ): Honestly - the wedding is going to be fun - but it's really about being married.  

• Options
    Your Name/FI's Name:  Jennifer / Louie
    Your Age/FI's Age:  33 / 35
    Your Job/FI's Job: Tech Support Manager / Network Manager
    Wedding Date: tentatively set for June 23, 2012
    Wedding Location: Punt@ Cana, Dominican Republic
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a givenWink):  A Family Vacation... I have been on many vacations over the years...but it has been a long time since we have gone on vacation with the kids and my mom and family so that is as exciting to me as getting married :-)
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name: Sarah & Derek
    Your Age/FI's Age: 24 & 25 (we'll be 24 & 26 when we get married though, haha.  His bday is 15 days before the wedding!  I think it's the best bday present ever obviously :))
    Your Job/FI's Job: Accounting/Sports Official & Supervisor at Costco
    Wedding Date: 6.18.11 (our 4 yr ann)
    Wedding Location: Makena, Maui, Hawaii
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  No more "your house or mine tonight" bull crap.  It will be so lovely to live together!  So can't wait to for that to happen!
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name:  Donna/Mark
    Your Age/FI's Age:  33/34
    Your Job/FI's Job:  x-ray tech/millwright
    Wedding Date:  November 28, 2011
    Wedding Location: PuntaCana, DR
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a given ): Having all my family together.  I have such a big immediate family (6 of us kids, plus my parents, then significant others and nieces/nephews) and we all live all over the country, so it's been something like 4 years since we've all been together. I'm glad my wedding is turning into sort of a family reunion/vacation for everybody.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name: Jennie/Dan
    Your Age/FI's Age: 30/33
    Your Job/FI's Job: Registered Nurse and nurse practitioner student/auto part sales
    Wedding Date: Probably January 17 or 19, 2012. I have the house and plane tickets, so I know it will be that week, just deciding on an officiant and an exact date still
    Wedding Location: A house on Laie Point, Oahu, Hawaii
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married? All of it! I'm excited to be in Hawaii for 2 weeks, excited to take pretty pictures in my dress by the ocean, excited to be married, change my name, and have babies too! I definitely have times where I have babies on the brain too much, and it doesn't help that I'm doing a women's health internship this semester where we see pretty much all cute pregnant girls :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I miss hearing about your planning Kayla!! I cannot wait to get back into the swing of things!!

Your Name/FI's Name: Beckie/Jer
    Your Age/FI's Age: Both 26
    Your Job/FI's Job: right now I'm going to school to become a high school teacher (done in December). He works for Fresno County.
    Wedding Date: 3/11/12
    Wedding Location: more than likely in Jamaica
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a givenWink): going to Jamaica
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Your Name/FI's Name:  Alysha & Mario
    Your Age/FI's Age: 20 & 21
    Your Job/FI's Job: Office Assistant for the state & Para educator for an elementary school
    Wedding Date:  Valentines Day 2012 (2.14.2012)
    Wedding Location:  Key West, FL
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a given ):  When I introduce people to FI, finally being able to say he is my HUSBAND! And him to call me his WIFE and seeing FI's face for the first time on our day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name: Kimmy/Drew
    Your Age/FI's Age: 35/33
    Your Job/FI's Job: Adoption recruiter/Construction
    Wedding Date: 7.7.12 This will be a 5 year anniversary. No new dates to learn!
    Wedding Location: Mama's Fish House on Maui
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married? Right now it's how happy our friends and my family are for us!
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name:  Jen & Clayton
    Your Age/FI's Age: 30/27
    Your Job/FI's Job: Network Adminstrator - College Student (for only 2 more weeks, thank God!)
    Wedding Date:  July 5, 2011
    Wedding Location:  Maui - Olowalu Plantation House
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  Truly, I am super excited to be in Maui with all of our friends & family!  My family has never taken group vacations, so it will be so much fun having everyone there!  And to see my BFF from Wisconsin who HATES flying but is willing to fly 12 hours just for me!  Love her!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    ]Your Name/FI's Name:  Jennifer and Jonathan
    Your Age/FI's Age:  31 and 32
    Your Job/FI's Job:  Teacher and Financial Advisor
    Wedding Date:  09 - 08 - 11
    Wedding Location:  Montego Bay, Jamaica (Iberostar Rose Hall Suites)
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  Honestly....everything. Spending the rest of my life with the man of my dreams. Seeing his face as I walk down the aisle. Having two weeks off for the wedding and honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name: Lisa & Eric

Your Age/FI's Age:35 & 41

Your Job/FI's Job:Mommy/small business owner & salesman for a tool/die company

Wedding Date:who knows? 

Wedding Location:Savannah, Ga.

What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married? It sounds stupid, but I'm looking forward to taking his last name.  We gave our daughter his last name and I'm the only one with a different name at home.  I can't wait to be called Mrs. B!
  • Options
    StarLesStarLes member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Your Name/FI's Name: Star/Les
    Your Age/FI's Age: 31/36
    Your Job/FI's Job: Attorney/911 Operator
    Wedding Date: July 16, 2011 (4 year anniversary of the day we met!)
    Wedding Location: Puerto Morelos, Mexico
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a given ):  Being able to start planning a family
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 48 Invited image7 Coming to party image0 Missing the fun image 41 Not Replied
    RSVP Date:May 16, 2011
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_think-its-timegetting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:b5fd6c62-36fa-4ed3-9c6c-7bf5a258f796Post:4d4bc7b7-60d3-48c1-8e09-52de8ee8086f">I think it's time...Getting to Know You!</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    Your Name/FI's Name: Ashley & Andre
    Your Age/FI's Age: 26/29
    Your Job/FI's Job: real estate/electrician
    Wedding Date: December 1, 2011
    Wedding Location: Samana, DR
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a given ):Getting to the island!  And FI seeing me in my dress!
    Posted by Kayla&Brian412[/QUOTE]
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Your Name/FI's Name: Mic and Mike
    Your Age/FI's Age: I'm 34 and FI will be 31 at the end of August
    Your Job/FI's Job: I work as an admin at a major fast food chain's corporate office
    Wedding Date: April 20, 2012 (and yes we picked that date for a reason)
    Wedding Location: Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a given
    Spending the rest of my life with the man that I have known for half of my life.
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name:  Jen & Joe
    Your Age/FI's Age:  We're both 29, but he'll be 30 when we marry! 
    Your Job/FI's Job:  I'm a social worker and he's asst. manager for his dad's Taco Johns and a police officer
    Wedding Date:  11/11/11
    Wedding Location:  Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota, FL
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a givenWink):   Everything...we've been together for almost 12 years, so it'll be nice to be "official".  Plus our honeymoon...FI works 7 days a week...yes...I know!  So I'll be happy to have one full week of him to myself in St. Lucia (a Sandals honeymoon was his only requirement in the wedding)! 
  • Options
    Your Name/FI's Name:  Sarah & Hank
    Your Age/FI's Age:  27 & 25
    Your Job/FI's Job:  Veterinary Techinician at a small and large animal practice. & Agricultural (Tractor) Mechanic at a shop his dad and uncle own. 
    Wedding Date:  11/6/11(church) 11/12/11 (beach)
    Wedding Location:  Now Jade, Riviera Maya 
    What is the #1 thing you're most excited about getting married?  (Besides marrying FI, that's a given ):   Moving in together. I'm getting ready to move back in with my mom until the wedding. We've been getting along better than ever since I've moved out so this has the potential to be stressful. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about having a vacation in Mexico and partying with friends and family too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards