Options

Good morning!

The weekend is SO close!
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Good morning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!

Good luck to Cara and LadyJ with settlements today!

Happy St Patrick's Day!  I'm not Irish and I don't drink beer, so this is an uneventful day for me.
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    good morning!!! I miss you all! I'v 5ke been training in the lab and I found out from the guys who have been training me that I'm picking things up quickly. I also found out that my results from the extractions that I did the other day are coming in at a 5% differential when you can have up to 20%. yay! :) The one guy said that's pretty unheard of for your first extraction, so I'm happy. Sorry for the AW but I wanted to share it w/someone else aside from DH.

DH and I went for a run yesterday (training for the 5k) and I knocked 40 secs off my 5k so yesterday was a good day.

Hope your day is great today. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    oh I didn't know cara and ladyj are settling today!!! sorry I haven't been able to catch up. GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for settlements!

and double YAY for single digits :)

FI and I will go to get our marriage license, so help him God if he forgets his card again. I might murder him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning! Last day of work until Tuesday! Vacation here I come.

Good luck with the settlements ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck with the settlements!
    And Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning & Happy St. Patrick's day! I'm German... we get a whole month. I'll wait till then. :) FI is Irish though, and I already promised to be the DD, so today is really just about digging something green out of my closet (thankfully, I had green scrubs) so I don't get pinched all day.

Good luck with the settlements, ladies! B2B, you must be so excited!! I'm excited for you:)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAPPY ST PATTY'S DAY

And HAPPY MARCH MADNESS - GO UNC!

Good luck with settlements ladies!

YAY for single digit Wedding countdowns!

I just want to say how awesome Paprika is!  I was having a rough few days and she totally cheered me up line dancing last night.  I heart her!  I feel better today than I have in weeks
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww, thanks Mana:) I was convinced I was driving you crazy last night because I talk so much. I even told FI that I was afraid you left thinking I was nuts! I had a great time last night!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay B2B.  Good luck getting FI out of the house with all the proper documents :)

Northstar - That's awesome that you're learning so quickly.  I hope you and your employer are happy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  Happy St. Patty's day.  I made green cupcakes with lucky charms on top.

Good luck with the settlements!  Get ready to sign your name a hundred times.
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011

Paprika - haha not at all, I need that!  I thought to myself you probably think I'm quiet but I'm not haha.  Trust me, get me going and i'll talk just as much.  I felt so much better, and J and I had a much better talk when he got home.  I think we're setting up to have an amazing vacation without the stress of all that's going on.

my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!

I had my first dress fitting last night, and it was insanely stressful.

The dress was on the big side and the seamstress told me not to lose more weight (I've lost 12 pounds since ordering).  Dah!  I feel like the pressure to stay the same is not fun, plus I still want to tone up.  

Then, my dress was a hem to hollow measurement.  It was too long, so I have to get new shoes to lift the dress up.   The seamstress said I need 3 inch heels.  I have 1.5 inches now.  I don't wear heels, so I am freaked out that I will be uncomfortable and fall.

Then, the seamstress got blood on my dress after pricking herself with a pin.  I really hope the blood comes out.  :(

Let's hope the next fitting goes better...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, sorry Ev. :(

Mana- I'm so glad you guys talked! Yay for stress free vacations! :) I still have your shot glasses in my purse, btw. I went to take my water out this morning, and heard clinking and laughed. :) Now my co-worker thinks I'm an alcoholic. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ev - That sounds really stressful!! I can't believe she got blood on your dress - I would have been seriously PO-ed about that. Three inch heels aren't really that bad, especially if you get some with a bit of a platform, so the heel is actually shorter than 3''. If you wear them around the house to break them in and get used to them, I think you'll be fine. Also, I bought a sample dress 2 sizes too big for me and my seamstress said it wouldn't be a big deal to take in. I know every dress is different, but I don't think it makes sense to stop toning up so that your seamstress has less work to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry it didn't go so well Ev.  If you get a platform like Bean suggested, or wedges, or square/wider heels it shouldn't be to hard to walk in.  Just avoid thin stiletto heels if you're not used to them :)  When is your next fitting scheduled? You're getting close!
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011

OH NO EV!  That's awful!  I hope the next fitting is better.  Can they still hem it even thought it's hem to hollow?  I'd be uncomfortbale too in 3 inch heels.

Paprika - haha I didn't know you had the glasses ON you!  Eh it's St patty's day, you can be an alcoholic and no one cares!  I'm hoping the guys at work are still on for happy hour tonight... only J has class so I can only have a beer or two.

my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Good morning everyone and happy st. patrick's day. 
    Congrats to those closing today!  That's so exciting. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning!! and Happy St. Paddy's Day from a German ;)

Good luck LadyJ and Cara! :)

Working a half day from home and then off to Atlanta! I'm so pumped!
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, the plan is to go with something with a little platform.  And to walk in them.  A lot.  The problem with the dress is that there is all this detail work around the bottom, so if the dress is hemmed, it won't look right.

The thing that freaked me out the most was the blood.  I mean, I know blood does not come out easily, but I am hoping that the seamstress is used to it and can get it out.  Luckily it's not in a prominent spot (it's on the side of the dress), but I was still having a heart attack that there was BLOOD on my DRESS!! 

The seamstress is supposed to call today or tomorrow to schedule my next fitting, so I'll make sure she got it out when she calls.  I'm guessing my next one will be in 2-3 weeks?  She didn't even start the bustle, because she is working on taking it in first.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for settlements -and single digits!!! B2B I'm insanely jealous of your single digits....

Ev- ekkk! Sorry it didn't go well - I'm sure it'll go much better next time - and hopefully w/o blood.

Jess - Have fun in ATL!!

I'm glad it's Thursday - this week hasn't gone by slowly but it's still been way too busy.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning and Happy St. Patty's Day to all (the Irish and the Irish at heart). I'm a half-blood ;)

Yay for settlements and yay for single-digits and yay for trips!

I'm celebrating 6 years since my big car accident, so that's my yay for the day! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning & Happy St Pattys day!  

Off to go sell Cara & Rocker Rob a house!
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies! I'm so glad it's Thursday. I've been so busy this week since my boss was out a few days. Still have some things to catch up on but hopefully it won't be too crazy.

YAY for settlements!

B2B- I'm so happy for you! Single digits must feel amazing! Hope FI can get all his stuff together for the marriage license so you don't have to kill him haha.

Madam - Glad you are healthy and happy today Laughing
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!
    Good Luck and Congrats Cara and LadyJ!!!!
    Madam - YAY!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am leaving soon to go get our marriage license! YAY! I text him dont forget the SS card :)
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Madam A - glad you're ok 6 years later!  I hate accidents!

Ev - Oh, well if it can't be hemmed, platform-ish shoes would work.  GL!
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay madam :)
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Don't you worry Paprika we still take the whole month of March ;)

Happy Settlement day Cara & LadyJ!

Happy Single Digits B2B!

I am loving the positiveness of today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards