Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

HM Review - Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica

We flew US Air out of Philly, and got delayed by engine problems... what a way to start the honeymoon!  When we finally got to Jamaica, it was a 90 minute ride over a mountain to get from Montego Bay airport to Sandals Whitehouse in Westmoreland.  The ride is not so fun, very bumpy, they drive on the left side of the road, and it goes through a poorer area of Jamaica.

Once we got to the resort it was heaven!  Everything is well maintained, and the service is wonderful... almost too much at times.  We mostly stayed on the resort and sat by the pool.  BRING SUNBLOCK!  LOL  The Jamaican sun is hot hot hot.  We did take one excursion tour to Ocho Rios to swim with the dolphins.  It takes 3 hours to get from Westmoreland to Ocho Rios.

Overall, Sandals Whitehouse was beautiful, and quiet.  Its biggest downfall is just how far it is secluded form everything else.  I really enjoyed the HM, but I think we will go to Negril or Ocho Rios if we ever visit Jamaica again.

Re: HM Review - Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Negril is just as far removed from everything.. I think Montego Bay or Ochos Rios are the best bet.  We did Negril for our honeymoon and I felt the same way as you did.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We stayed in Ocho Rios for our HM and did the Dunn's River Falls excursion (about 10 min from our resort). It was one of our favorite parts of the HM and I would highly recommend it!

Glad you had a nice HM and that you were happy with your resort
    <3 Jamaica <3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

For our honeymoon, we stayed at the Sandals Montego Bay and had a great time.

I got nervous a little bit before as some people complained that montego bay wasnt has nice but we loved it. We did the butler service and had an amazing suite. It was also only 15 minutes to the resort.

Glad you had fun!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you enjoyed your honeymoon! I was just at Sandals Whitehouse for my friend's wedding in July! It really was beautiful, but I was most disappointed in the beach! So much seaweed and rocks and barely any waves. I guess that's the trade-off for a gorgeous reef for scuba being right there though...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you enjoyed your honeymoon. Whitehouse is amazing. Although due to the sand fleas, the FI and I are going to Royal Carribean for our honeymoon next June. We went to Whitehouse together for his sister's wedding, and that was the only minus there. Although I can definitely ditto the need for sunscreen. We went in August 2008 and I was so glad I brought some (not only is it ungodly expensive on the resort) but FSIL fried - me with my SPF 50 didn't!

Welcome back!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards