Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Would I be crazy to switch now

We (I) have been planning for an October 15th wedding and almost have all of my ducks in line. The church and venue are reserved and I've been meeting with a bunch of vendors for various things but I've not had to put any down payments in yet. 

We are getting really stressed out about money, we are paying for at least half of it if not more. This would be fine if he didn't have a huge family (over 40 cousins alone). I live near a big city so that doesn't help. Anyway, we argue almost every time the wedding is brought up and I don't know how much more of this I can handle. 

Anyway, our honeymoon is going to be in Maui and I started to play with the idea of having a destination wedding there. I know my fiance would be game for this, he wanted a destination wedding but I of course wanted the church and all the family there.

Anyway, the downfalls:

- we're Catholic so I don't think the church will recognize our marriage (a priest will only officiate in a Catholic church)?
- my mom will NOT be happy
- It's really far
- It will be a smaller wedding but I'm starting to wonder if this is a "pro" LOL

The pros:

- I can pick a package and not worry about flowers and cakes, lighting, djs and food anymore
- It's Hawaii lol
- We could easily afford it

But.....the wedding is 8 months away. I could consider moving it I guess but this is the date we have been telling everyone.

So tell me, am I nuts to even consider this idea or am I just another one that may be added to a long list of people that have done the same thing?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards