Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

* DW PLANNING ADVISE? from Nesties or Soon to be DW brides?

So I am way over a year out...I've done some DIY and have everything from the AHR to DJ to Weddingmoon booked...the goal now is to make OOT bags and some other trinkets DIY and pay everything off by next year.

Any planning advise from the Nesties or DW brides who are 2 months or less or so out for us DW brides with a long while to go?
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: * DW PLANNING ADVISE? from Nesties or Soon to be DW brides?

• Options
    Great post!!!

Even though I'm 7 months out and have done some things, I feel like a sitting duck!

This would be great to hear some other things I can get accomplished without a firm guest list and such...
  • Options
    At that point I started working on writing out the welcome brochure (I had a long booklet style) - but still kept it online.
    I also started bidding on e-bay and price matching items for the welcome bags, and bought some of the non-parishables as sales were coming along.
    I also started tracking flight prices on yapta.com and announced to our guests when there was a price drop (They ended up saving an avarage of about 60% on flight price because of this).
    I scheuled my B-pics, started making my garter, and made sure I was taking my vitamins every day.

???`?.??.??TTCAL/PGAL/PAL Welcome,imageare not??.??.???`?
    My Funny Lil' Thoughts in a blog | Follow Me on Pinterest
    imageimageimageimageimage
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC Since September 2011
    BFP#1:Dec.1.11 EDD:Aug.09.12 MC:Jan.11.12 (9WK5D)-Natural
    BFP#2:Apr.18.12 EDD:Dec.21.12 MC:May.1.12 (6WK3D)-D&C
    BFP#3:Sep.12.12 - Suspected CP | BFP#4:Dec.1.12 - Suspected CP
    BFP#5: Dec.26.12 EDD:Sep.10.13 MC:Jan.7.13 (4WK6D)-Natural
    ???? ???? ????? ????? ?????? ????? ???? ???, ??? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????? ?? ???? ??? ??? ????? ???? ?????? ??? ??? ??? ?????? ??? ??? ?????? ?? ?'. ????? ???? ???? ?? ???? ???? ?????? ?????? ???? ???? ?? ???? ????? ?????? ??????
  • Options

I don't know if these really apply to you girls in particular, but I have some things I've learned from my experience thus far:

Do try to decide on your wedding gown earlier than you have to. I didn't realize how much the gown would set the tone for the other aesthetic aspects like color scheme, flowers, decorations etc. I fell in love with a gown that was totally different from what I expected, so I had to revamp a lot of my early plans.

Don't make assumptions. You might feel like a nitpicky bother, but unless you are 110% clear on something, ask for clarification. This one just bit me in the butt today, to the tune of unexpected expenses of nearly $400.

Leave plenty of time between your RSVP date and when you REALLY need your numbers. People suck with RSVPing and you won't get a lot of them on time.

Refrain from posting WR things on FB as much as possible - enough said. FB and etiquette are not friends.

This sucks to say, but try not to rely on any one for anything unless you are 150% that they have it together. I had some things that were "promised" to me that I therefore didn't include in my budget...and now they are no longer being gifted and I have to cover it.

Last but not least, trust your gut instinct. If it just doesn't feel right for some reason, it probably isn't. (for me, this applies to a lot of aspects!!!!)

• Options

Thanks ladies! That's a great start!

@Kayla - that's how I feel!

@ funny bunny - I definitely want to check out Dollar Tree when Cinco de Mayo rolls around this year (our theme) and get OOT bag stuff there too

@ Lola - thanks! FB is definitely not the place, TK is full of us brides that get the excitement :) I will definitely keep the RSVP thing in mind too; we sent out an initial email of information for those who expressed interest in coming but when we send out the actual Announcement/STD I'll do an actual date.

How far out would you set the RSVP for with a 5/5/12 wedding??

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_dw-planning-advise-nesties-soon-dw-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:ce01b46e-e9ad-4d51-ad04-d404e544e3b8Post:f52a5ff5-d07a-4364-a262-4165c139cf1c">Re: * DW PLANNING ADVISE? from Nesties or Soon to be DW brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies! That's a great start! @Kayla - that's how I feel! @ funny bunny - I definitely want to check out Dollar Tree when Cinco de Mayo rolls around this year (our theme) and get OOT bag stuff there too @ Lola - thanks! FB is definitely not the place, TK is full of us brides that get the excitement :) I will definitely keep the RSVP thing in mind too; we sent out an initial email of information for those who expressed interest in coming but when we send out the actual Announcement/STD I'll do an actual date. <strong>How far out would you set the RSVP for with a 5/5/12 wedding??
    </strong>Posted by klw0022[/QUOTE]

My wedding is 5/13/11 - I aimed to have invites out by Jan. 31 but due to some obstacles got them out around Feb. 7 instead...I used Mar. 7 as RSVP date and hoped I'd have them all in by Mar. 13 so we'd our count 8 weeks before wedding.

I think it was a good time-frame.
  • Options
    Ok so like 2 months before, that makes sense. Our AHR is June 9th, so those invites aren't going out until next March/April for sure. Thks!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_dw-planning-advise-nesties-soon-dw-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:ce01b46e-e9ad-4d51-ad04-d404e544e3b8Post:35671776-12ba-4738-b706-58db522db94c">Re: * DW PLANNING ADVISE? from Nesties or Soon to be DW brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so like 2 months before, that makes sense. Our AHR is June 9th, so those invites aren't going out until next March/April for sure. Thks!
    Posted by klw0022[/QUOTE]

Just for another time frame, here is what I think we're doing.

Wedding is 11/4/11  and we have to cxl any unused rooms in our block by 9/14/11.  I plan to get invites out mid-end June and have my RSVP date between like the 15th and 25th of August.  That gives me almost a month between RSVP date and Cxling date to harrass people!
  • Options

I had all vendors booked by about the 11 month mark also.  I honestly got into a planning lull and didn't do much of anything until I got to about 6 months.  It was the longest stretch and the time went so slowwwww.  Just do as much DIY stuff as you can and get those OOT bags outta the way!

Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Options

Im not 2 months out but if I could go back a couple of months, I would have done my month by month schedule earlier and started on more things earlier. I feel like I left alot for me to pay later on because "oh i have time, i have time." I feel like i freakin blinked my eyes and now all these payments are  piling up and i feel like i have no time.

if i would have started earlier, i wouldnt be as stressed as i am now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards