Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Getting to Know You

Please, share a little more information about yourself so we can all get to know each other better:

Yours & FIs Name:
Yours & FIs Age:
Wedding Date:
Wedding Location:
What Made You Pick This Location:
Where Will You Honeymoon:
For How Long:
How Did You & FI Meet:
How Long Have You Been Together:
Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most:

Re: Getting to Know You

• Options

Yours & FIs Name: Kimmy/Drew
    Yours & FIs Age: 35/33
    Wedding Date: 7.7.712
    Wedding Location: Mama’s Fish House in Paia on the Island of Maui
    What Made You Pick This Location: It was able to do everything we wanted.
    Where Will You Honeymoon: Oahu and the Big Island
    For How Long: 2 weeks
    How Did You & FI Meet: On a St Patrick’s Day Barfly bus
    How Long Have You Been Together: Over 4 years
    Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most: Being on Maui!

• Options
    I cant make pretty colors at work : ( Yours & FIs Name: JENN AND JOHN Yours &FIs Age: 34, 37 Wedding Date: 05/16/2012 Wedding Location: WAIKIKI BEACH, Honolulu What Made You Pick This Location: WE PICKED OUT OUR VACATION SPOT AND THEN DECIDED TO JUST GET MARRIED.....IT'S A SECRET! Where Will You Honeymoon: SAME PLACE, HALE KOA HOTEL For How Long: 10 days How Did You & FI Meet: IN A BAR WE BOTH HUNG OUT AT, HE WAS FRIENDS WITH MY BF How Long Have You Been Together: 3 YEARS Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most: HAWAII FOR SURE! I'VE WANTED TO GO FOR SO LONG!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Yours & FIs Name: Erin & Robert
    Yours & FIs Age: 27 / 28
    Wedding Date:  07.07.12
    Wedding Location:  Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
    What Made You Pick This Location:  We love Costa Rica (we went there 2 years ago). We knew we wanted destination and we are not fond of major touristy spots
    Where Will You Honeymoon:  Panama
    For How Long: We are in Costa for 7 nights and Panama for 5
    How Did You & FI Meet: We met on 4th of July on the beach through a mutual friend (a bridesmaid)
    How Long Have You Been Together:  over 5 years
    Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most:  We want to start a family together very soon after =)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yours & FIs Name: Lindsay & Paul
    Yours & FIs Age: 27/32
    Wedding Date: 4/14/12
    Wedding Location: Las Vegas
    What Made You Pick This Location: His parents refused to go to Europe
    Where Will You Honeymoon: Eastern Caribbean cruise
    For How Long: A week
    How Did You & FI Meet: Red Bull Flug Tag in Tampa
    How Long Have You Been Together: over 3 yrs
    Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most: Starting our lives, buying a home, starting a family, and the honeymoon!!
  • Options
    Yours & FIs Name:   Jennie and Jason
    Yours & FIs Age:  31 and 30 (about to be 31)
    Wedding Date:  8/18/2012
    Wedding Location:  Cocoa Beach, FL
    What Made You Pick This Location: We were able to get the perfect beach wedding with everything we wanted near the port where we will be boarding for a wedding/honeymoon cruise with all of our wedding guests (We currently are up to 62 guests)
    Where Will You Honeymoon:  The Bahamas
    For How Long:  a week
    How Did You & FI Meet:  Online, kinda by accident. I thought he was someone I knew.  Turned out I was wrong but the friendship quickly grew to much more obviously
    How Long Have You Been Together: 5 years
    Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most: Being able to call him my husband and officially being a family together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yours & FIs Name:  Britt & Jano
    Yours & FIs Age: 25 & 31
    Wedding Date:  Sept 22, 2012
    Wedding Location: Taboo Resort, Muskoka Lakes, ON, Canada
    What Made You Pick This Location: The scenery, its GORGEOUS
    Where Will You Honeymoon: Cabo
    For How Long: Somewhere around a week or a week and a half
    How Did You & FI Meet: We both owned our own business in informational marketting and leadership development. We were attending the same business meetings
    How Long Have You Been Together:  1 yr, 4 months
    Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most: Starting our lives officially together
  • Options
    Yours & FIs Name:  Samantha and Adam
    Yours & FIs Age:  24 and 27
    Wedding Date:   June 15, 2012
    Wedding Location:   Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay Jamiaca
    What Made You Pick This Location:   We have never been to Jamaica and we wanted some where in the Caribbean.  Our TA recommended it because it had so many all inclusives and is one of the more affordable locations for our guests!
    Where Will You Honeymoon:   Same resort as the wedding

For How Long:  We are going to be at the resort for 12 days Laughing
    How Did You & FI Meet:  We met while I was living in the dorms at University of Colorado-Boulder my freshman year. His two best friends who he grew up with lived next door to me so I met him when he would visit them. The first time I saw him I was actually really drawn to his shoes LOL! They were just really nice brown ones but for some reason they really stood out to me. The first time we really hung out was when a bunch of us went to ESPN Zone (a dinner gaming place) downtown.
    How Long Have You Been Together:  6 years today!
    Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most:
    I think what I am most looking forward to besides marrying my best friend is just getting away. I tend to overwork myself a lot and the break to just relax and enjoy FI will be amazing. Plus we are planning on starting TTC right away so I am super excited about that!

Our Wedding- June 15, 2012- Jamaica
    imageAnniversary

Samantha's Bio~Updated 5/15/12

DW Siggy Website
  • Options
    Yours & FIs Name: Cathy & Gary Yours & FIs Age: 32 & 30 Wedding Date: 10/11/12 Wedding Location: West Palm Beach, FL What Made You Pick This Location: It was a great compromise as now more family will be able to come. Plus we are still able to do a destination wedding and a separate honeymoon. Where Will You Honeymoon: St. Lucia For How Long: 7 nights How Did You & FI Meet: We work in the same department. How Long Have You Been Together: 1 year 5.5 months Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most: 2 weeks away from work enjoying family and then a wonderful honeymoon with my new husband. Oh and changing my name at work so the catty corner can talk about us more!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Don't worry Jenn, I can't make pretty colors either. I'm on my iPad and it won't let me change colors or add pics. :(
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Yours & FIs Name:  Nicole & Patrick
    Yours & FIs Age:  I'm 27, he's 37
    Wedding Date:  November 4th, 2012 (not set in stone, just started planning!)
    Wedding Location:  Most likely a cruise to Mexico, possibly HI though
    What Made You Pick This Location: price and entertainment for guests if we go with the cruise.  If we go with HI it will be because his friend who works at a resprt there hooked us up with an amazing deal.
    Where Will You Honeymoon: wherever we end up getting married ;)
    How Did You & FI Meet: at a nightclub on industry night
    How Long Have You Been Together: over a year
    Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most: I'm due with our baby boy any day now!
  • Options
    Yours & FIs Name:  Shannon & Erik
    Yours & FIs Age:  35 & 33
    Wedding Date:  7.14.2012
    Wedding Location: Grand Teton National Park/Jackson Hole
    What Made You Pick This Location: Love of outdoors, mountains, climbing
    Where Will You Honeymoon: not sure yet, if any
    For How Long: n/a
    How Did You & FI Meet: we met on the last day of 2007 while backcountry skiing
    How Long Have You Been Together:  3 years 5 months
    Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most: Life!
  • Options

Yours & FIs Name:  Jennifer & Louie
    Yours & FIs Age:  34 & 36
    Wedding Date:  6-29-2012
    Wedding Location: Puntaa Cana, Dominican Republic
    What Made You Pick This Location: Culture wise it's very close to Puerto Rico (where my family is from) but there was the benefit of all inclusive's.  Plus, I have never been there and always have wanted to go.
    Where Will You Honeymoon: London in August
    For How Long: not quite sure yet... hoping for at least 10 days
    How Did You & FI Meet: we met about 12 years ago in college.  He was engaged to someone else and I was in a relationship.  We stayed frineds over the years and finally started dating when we found ourselves both available.
    How Long Have You Been Together:  unofficially (1 year and 2 months) officially it will be a year in January
    Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most: The beach and a family vacation! I'm just as excited to take my kids on an awesome vacation as I am to get married.  I can't wait!

Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Yours & FIs Name: Brittany & Ray
    Yours & FIs Age: 27/34
    Wedding Date: 5/12/2012
    Wedding Location: Las Vegas
    What Made You Pick This Location: Love Vegas and it is a relatively cheap DW
    Where Will You Honeymoon: Same place, just a different hotel
    For How Long: a few more days
    How Did You & FI Meet: work/a bar (no we don't work at a bar, we were having drinks with coworkers
    How Long Have You Been Together: 5 years in February
    Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most: our photog is pretty flippin awesome
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Yours & FIs Name: Linda and Jason
    Yours & FIs Age: 30/39
    Wedding Date:5.20.2012
    Wedding Location:Virginia Beach, VA
    What Made You Pick This Location:Close by beach for family and friends to be able to attend
    Where Will You Honeymoon:Still working on that, we originally wanted to go to Fiji and Moorea, but we will see
    For How Long:depends on where we go
    How Did You & FI Meet:First met at work, reconnected on Match dot com
    How Long Have You Been Together:3 years
    Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most: Having babies and beign a mommy!!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    How fun!

Yours & FIs Name: Jennifer and Jason
    Yours & FIs Age: 31/35
    Wedding Date: October 2012 (currently finalizing the date)
    Wedding Location: leaning heavily towards Costa Rica... not sure if we're going to actually get married there, or do a quick ceremony here and then honeymoon there
    What Made You Pick This Location: we want to get away somewhere exciting we've never been
    Where Will You Honeymoon: it's looking like Costa Rica... if not, an all inclusive somewhere in the Caribbean
    For How Long: 10-14 days
    How Did You & FI Meet: We were both selected from different departments within our company to chair a committee
    How Long Have You Been Together: 2yrs in January
    Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most: Settling in to married life :)
  • Options
    Yours & FIs Name: Stephanie & Jeremy
    Yours & FIs Age: 30 & 33
    Wedding Date: 5/10/12
    Wedding Location: Virginia Beach, Va (It's a destination because us & our guests are coming from Pa)
    What Made You Pick This Location: It was our first vacation as a couple in 1999 and our first vacation with our son in 2003, now it will be our first vacation as husband & wife!
    Where Will You Honeymoon: Since we'll be there for a week for our wedding, we're planning to wait until maybe September for our "alone" honeymoon (without our kids!)
    For How Long: a week
    How Did You & FI Meet: We met as kids, he was my cousin's (who is my MOH) neighbor, so our families have always been close. We started dating when I was a senior in High School in 1999. 
    How Long Have You Been Together: LOL, that's complicated. But we've been together for about 7 out of the last 12 years.
    Besides Getting Married, What Are You Looking Forward to the Most: Finally calling each other husband & wife... and the vacation!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards