Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

*cara/amy

Whats this new points system?  I'm curious.  Also - how much does WW cost these days?

Re: *cara/amy

• Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to a meeting yet this week, but I got some information from their website.  They now look at fat, fiber, carbs and protien.  All fruits and most vegetables are zero points now.  The starch vegetables (peas, corn, potatoes) are still points.  I guess it's supposed to teach you how to make healthier choices and make it so a 100 calorie apple is less points (or now none) compared to a 100 calorie pack. 

The weekly fee is $14 or you can get the monlthy pass for about $50. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Cara- I didn't want to hijack the other thread about WW so I figured I'd just write here.  I currently go Saturday mornings as well.  It makes me really watch Friday nights and then I feel like I can have Saturdays to splurge a little.  You'll have to let me know how the meetings are in PM if you decide to go. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They usually run specials around/after the new year, but its also insanely crowded at that time too.  I'm curious to see the new program. They update every two years, but this is a real overhaul.

Kim, have you done the program before?  I've done it off and on for years.  The best results I ever had were when I weighed in every week and went to meetings with a good leader.  Annoying, but true.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amy - I'll let you know.  I'm a little bummed to start this saturday becuase Friday is date night, which usually means high-sodium and wine.  However, seeing a little extra on the scale might be a good wakeup call. :-)

I used to go Thursday mornings and loved it.  I could be a little more lax on the weekends, but then only have to buckle down and be really strict for a few days during the week before I started over. haha
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    I agree about weighing in every week.  I made lifetime in June and have been going every week.  If I don't go I know I will slip. 

We usually do date nights on Saturdays now because of the wine. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope, I've never joined.. My mom is a lifetime member though and does well when she tries to count points.  I like the idea of fruits/veggies being free.  

How about starchy fruits though?  A long long time ago when I went to LA Weight loss they actually counted things like bananas higher than melon because banana is a heavier fruit.  I found this annoying because it's fruit ... don't say I had a 1lb weight gain this week because of my BANANA.   That's just silly.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    Grr... not loving two Amy's on the board.

::stink eye to Amy#:::

j/k ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its funny you mention bananas.  Everything I've been reading has been celebrating the fact that bananas are now 0 point.  (they were 2 points before)  From what I can tell, most fruits and vegetables are 0 points, except starchy ones like peas and corn, and high-fat ones like avocado.

Amy -congrats on making lifetime!  I was 6 pounds away from my goal weight the last time I did it.  But then I started training for a triathlon and it totally threw my body weight and eating habits off. :-(
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Nope, all fruit is zero points. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards