Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Costa Rica or Cancun.. Decisions, decisions!!

Does anyone have any input on either one of these locations? We're trying to make our decision on the location and it has come down to either the Grand Riveria Princess in Cancun or the Occidental in Costa Rica. Anyone have experience with either of these? I'm mostly concerned with the Costa Rica location-- I have seen some iffy reviews. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Costa Rica or Cancun.. Decisions, decisions!!

• Options
    Hello! I'm no help with the Grand Riviera Princess but I am also getting married in Cancun, at a resort called The Royal. I love Cancun for all that it has to offer guests, and it's pretty affordable compared to other locations. Good luck with your decision.
  • Options
    In my opinion you can't go wrong with either location.  THey are both great places and so much fun.  I think it comes down to whether you want to relax in the hotel or go out on adventures.  In Cancun it will be more relaxing and you can stay at your hotel, of course you can go out on some excursions, but not as much as you would go on in Costa Rica.  In Costa Rica there is just so much you can do, are you an outdoorsy kind of poeple?  Of course you can relax in Costa Rica to if you wanted to. 
    imageExerciseMilestone Anniversary
  • Options

We have a bride that is getting married in Costa Rica in the next couple of days. Stick around for a couple of weeks so you can hear her feedback when she returns.

• Options
    I'm getting married at the Grand Riviera Princess in the Mayan Riviera!  Is this the same resort, or is there one in Cancun too?  So far I have been so happy with choosing this resort, it has everything we wanted, an AI resort that is new and beautiful, and actually very budget friendly!  I have all sorts of information and pictures if you want I can send it to you.  There is also a Facebook group called "Grand Riviera Princess Weddings" that is super helpful!  Let me know if you would like any information :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm torn between the two because we are pretty outdoorsy and would prefer Costa Rica, but our whole wedding party and guests would NOT appreciate that kind of place. Another pro for Mexico: it's WAY more economical than Costa Rica. So our wedding planner suggested doing a short honeymoon in Costa Rica for the two of us after our time in Mexico. Since Mexico is so much more affordable, our budget might allow that-- what do you girls think? And Angelacm-- I'd love to see any information you have about the Grand Riveria Princess! (I'm not sure if the two are seperate or if we're talking about the same place though :) )
  • Options
    That sounds like a great option!  (The wedding in Mexico, HM in Costa Rica) I believe you can get great flight rates from Mexico to Costa Rica actually...one of our guests is planning on doing this!  Small world...

I just Googled the Grand Riviera Princess, and if I'm right, they have locations in Mexico and Miami?  So it must be the same one?  Send me your email address and I'll send you everything I have! Laughing
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_costa-rica-cancun-decisions-decisions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:fba69e65-6cd9-45dc-a7e5-00db4ab1e43bPost:8cb40e17-542a-4bec-94e4-0e3bc9bb7f70">Re: Costa Rica or Cancun.. Decisions, decisions!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm torn between the two because we are pretty outdoorsy and would prefer Costa Rica, but our whole wedding party and guests would NOT appreciate that kind of place. Another pro for Mexico: it's WAY more economical than Costa Rica. So our wedding planner suggested doing a short honeymoon in Costa Rica for the two of us after our time in Mexico. Since Mexico is so much more affordable, our budget might allow that-- what do you girls think? And Angelacm-- I'd love to see any information you have about the Grand Riveria Princess! (I'm not sure if the two are seperate or if we're talking about the same place though :) )
    Posted by holtvoigt5[/QUOTE]

After I started reading this post, I was going to suggest exactly what your wedding planner said. If your guests wouldn't really like it as much as Mexico and it would be more cost effective, I say go with Mexico and enjoy CR for the honeymoon, if your budget allows.

I have been to CR, and it is absolutely beautiful. I suggest ziplining while you're there! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards