Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Father/Daughter Dance opinion

My dad is torn between 3 songs.  He wants me to decide and make it a surprise. 
Choices are:
Cinderella
I Hope You Dance
The Way You Look Tonight

My dad loves Frank so The Way You Look Tonight was a no brainer to me.  The only thing is, it didn't make him "cry".  I am a ballet dancer so the other 2 songs kind of fit.  Give me your vote.
Photobucket

Re: Father/Daughter Dance opinion

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How about Ballerina Girl?  Way off?  

I really love The Way you Look Tonight.  I personally don't want to cry or have him cry.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Because you are a dancer .. I hope you dance.

I also like The Way You Look Tonight.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also would suggest Ballerina Girl by Lionel Richie... he wrote it for Nicole when she was a kid.

Since that's not on your list, I like The Way You Look Tonight.  He may cry anyway in the moment.  I had to talk to my dad during the dance to distract him from crying!
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally don't want my dad to cry and I don't want to cry either.  I'm not really emotional like that.  The only time I think I'll cry is at the church.  By "cry" I just meant that he wasn't feeling it.

I like the Way you Look Tonight the Best.  He doesn't, which surprised me.  I like Ballerina Girl too but the lines

"I'm never gonna break you heart
    never will we drift apart
    cause all I want to do is share my whole life with you"

sounds a little creepy to me.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll put a vote in for The Way You Look Tonight as well. Mainly b/c "I Hope You Dance" was my senior prom song and I hated it - it's a good song, but I have a bias against it.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My vote is for The Way You Look Tonight, too. You can never go wrong with Frank.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_fatherdaughter-dance-opinion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:226057cc-03a4-4b97-91e4-f7189f229d14Post:873a3bfd-acc8-4b70-8687-cf45bf228cdb">Re: Father/Daughter Dance opinion</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like Ballerina Girl too but the lines "I'm never gonna break you heart never will we drift apart cause all I want to do is share my whole life with you" sounds a little creepy to me.
    Posted by Stacylynn702[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure this just means I'm your father and I'll always be here for you.  Lionel Richie adopted Nicole, so I guess the "whole life" part has different meaning.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know, I never thought of it like that.  I'll swing that idea by my dad.  I'm liking it more and more :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

my Dad and I are dancing to Cinderella, so that definitely my choice! love that song :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My vote is for Cinderella- for those of you who have never heard it, don't discount it because of it's name!  It's about dancing with his little girl during life's important moments :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards