Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

STDs

Magnets vs. Postcards? 

FMIL suggested we send out magnets.  I think they're cute but my mom brought up the fact that a lot of people have stainless steel appliances these days which won't hold magnets so it wouldn't matter either way.  I honestly don't care either way other than financially.  What did you do? TIA!
Photobucket

Re: STDs

• IFEFADIFEFAD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is a great Idea, I plan on doing the same, or sending out post cards that people can put on their fridge so they always have that reminder. Either one of them sound good to me. My friend has 175 guest at her wedding and paid a little over 300 for magnets BUT i am not sure where she got them from. I will ask her
  • jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent out postcards with small stickers for calendars for the day of.  People seemed to really like them.
  • kcross33kcross33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Your Mom makes a good point but I don't think that you should worry about what types of refridgerators that people have.

Personally I prefer to receive a magnet for a save-the-date and that's my reasoning as to why I'm planning on sending them out myself :-)
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jessica, The sticker for calendars idea is adorable!  Where did  you get them?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    0602 I love the sticker idea.  Where did you get those?
  • edited December 2011
    My parents have a stainless steel fridge, and it still sticks to the side!  I wouldnt worry about that like pp said.  I ordered my magnets from MagnetStreet.com and paid about $130 for 75 magnets (too many for my 100 guests), plus I added the extra card backing with hotel info and the return address stickers.  I think it would have been under $100 for just the 75 magnets with envelopes.

PS- I sent business card sized magnets and the postage was just one regular $0.44/forever stamp.
  • jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I did the postcards myself in VP, designed in Powerpoint.  I had a knottie from the DIY Board do the stickers for me.  It was over a year ago so I don't know if she's still around.  However, Samanthas8882 used Jessica's Design Shop for some last minute stuff she needed and said she was awesome.  Here's the link to her etsy store: www.etsy.com/shop/jessicasdesignshop.

Here's a pic of my stickers (in the center) that I attached to just a lame little poem on some cardstock.

• edited December 2011
    Honestly, I think you should just go with whichever you like better and not worry about other people's refrigerators.  I have gotten plenty of magnets and postcards and as a guest, it really makes no difference to me.
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not that I worry about the refrigerators..it's more just that the magnets are more expensive and if people won't use them, what's the point? 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    If there is a difference cost and you have no preference then you might as well save some money!  So many things come up during planning that you didn't expect so you might as well save while you can.
  • dch167dch167 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Idid postcards to save money...Did them on Vista Print.
  • CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did postcards as well on VistaPrint to save money - people are still hanging them up on their refrigerators with their own magnets ;)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    >>I sent out postcards with small stickers for calendars for the day of.  People seemed to really like them. <<

LOVE that idea!  Wish I had thought of that ;)

I sent out postcards.  I used VistaPrint and got them for free (only had to pay $7 for shipping).  I was really happy with the way they turned out.

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    I knew right away I wanted magnets because I keep the magnet for years after I've thrown away the invitation to my friends weddings.  I got my magnets off of vistaprint.  50 for $36 w/ shipping but I paid extra to upgrade them.  I actually didn't think about the fridge issue before I sent them, having forgot a lot of my friends still live with their parents and thus don't have their own fridge.  However even these friends said they have found some where to stick it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards