Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

2 questions about venues and shuttle transportation!!!

hi ladies!  

i'm hoping someone can lend me some insight.  my fiance and i just looked at this venue called front & palmer yesterday--the space is perfect for us; unique, spacious, artsy.  only concern we both have is the location.  it's located in "new kensington" under the "El".  has anyone used this venue before?  it's kinda off the beaten path and could be considered a little dodgy.  

the other question is about shuttles/limos for us and guests.  if we went with this venue we would definitely need a couple shuttles--anyone know of a good company to go through with reasonable prices???

thanks for the help in advance!
steph

Re: 2 questions about venues and shuttle transportation!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are both concerned with the location I would probably look else where.
  • Options
    luvdelilahluvdelilah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought this sounded familiar - someone on The Philly Nest board just recommended this place.  She had fantastic things to say about the food and the decor.  She also said they had nice parking for those guests that were driving.  Do you know anyone in the area you could doublecheck with about the dodgy part?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Before we bought our house outside the city, we lived in Fishtown on the Northern Liberties/Fishtown border and while its not as gentrified a NoLibs its nothing to be nervous about. Althought, I am not familiar with the venue if it is not too far north of Girard Ave. I think you should be fine! Fishtown is a pretty artsy and up and coming area.
  • Options
    me+you=usme+you=us member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the helpful comments!  the venue is really cool : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We're using a big yellow school bus for our guest shuttle.  Try yellowbird bus...I think we got 8 hrs for less than $500.  We're also using Sterling for the BP transportation.  They had the best prices for a mini shuttle bus.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 invited so far!
    image 144 are ready to party!
    image 91 will be missing out!
    image 0 are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards