California-Northern
Options

SF photo help?

Hey Knotties,
I need your expertise. I’m looking for the best place to take photos in the San Francisco area. This can be wedding or engagement photos. Also, tell me why. Does the place have great lighting? Filled with nature? Modern buildings? What makes it unique to where you live and why would someone want to take wedding-related photos there? I’ll be using your Knot name, btw.
Thanks in advance!
Knot Annie
Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: SF photo help?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Golden Gate Park because there is just a lot of different things there - windmills, lakes, flowers, trees, japanese garden. Its really all inclusive. Plus its close to the bay so you could really walk to the ocean from there too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Other places I like are 
    Palace of Fine Arts - gorgeous architecture and a pretty pond and park area.

Baker Beach - killer backdrop of golden gate bridge.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Japanese Gardens in Hayward - that's where I had mine done. 

It's small, intimate and pretty.  It's also a great ceremony location if you have a really small number of guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my fiance and the studio he is apart of are based in sf and do most engagement sessions there. it all depends on your photographer and his style, but portrero hill, the palace of fine arts, along the beaches, golden gate park, and the park under the bridge on the sf side (not sausilito) are always cool. you can always do fun night shots downtown, too. sf is fulll of places.

if you wanna see some of the shots theyve done there, go to
    benchrisman.com /> wedding site > engagements
    and there might be some mixed in on benchrismanphotographers.com (aaron is my fiance :))

good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards