Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Guys at Church

What time did your guys get to the church? or are you planning on your guys getting there?
My ceremony is at 6pm.
The girls are getting hair and make-up done at church starting around 1pm.
FI is from a half hour away and will be coming down with his mom and brother's gf who are getting ready with us.
FI is living with me in my apartment (yes I consider it mine because I am the one paying rent and utilities etc).
FI wants to have the guys over here. (I will be staying here after the rehearsal and FI will go home with his parents).
I am not comfortable with having people here because I don't want to worry about cleaning and food etc.  Plus we have all the wedding stuff stored in my tiny apartment. We will also be in the process of moving.
The guys have their own floor in the church to hang out in and get ready in before the ceremony.  I have gotten snack foods together and my mom's bf is getting lunch for everyone.

Am I crazy for not wanting extra people at my apartment?

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Re: Guys at Church

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think so.  
    I don't think guys get all the stuff that happens before a wedding.  In their mids they get dressed and go, what's the big deal.  

If they have a space in the church they should go there IMO.  Point out the food you will have there and I'm sure they will go.  

GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No.  He can't get ready at your place.  Absolutely not.  Since he's going home with his parents the night before, can he have his guys over to his parents' house instead?  You definitely won't want them at your place, it's too crazy before the wedding with everything going on.  Having everyone at the church would definitely make it easier for the photog.

Although, if your ceremony is at 6, I don't blame him for not wanting to be waiting around the church for hours and hours, snacks or no snacks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

He's coming down with his mom (and rest of his family) who's getting her hair and make up done with us.
    I'm going to have her done last so she doesn't have to get there until 230 ... so then the guys can go to the hotel and check in then come back to the church and eat and get ready.
    Thanks everyone!

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They have stuff to do then, check in and such.  Maybe they could watch a movie at the hotel or you could have them bring a video game system there of some sort.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am chiming in late but agree with the PP's ... don't have him come to your apartment.  DH hung out in his parents hotel room (they aren't from here) the morning of the wedding, his guys came to the room around 11am (our ceremony was at 2pm) and then they all finished getting ready and went to the church about 45 minutes beforehand to put their flowers on/photos/etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards