October 2012 Weddings

New to the board....with a gift question!

Hey ladies! I've been lurking around this board for awhile now, and since I have a question...I figured it was the perfect time to post :)

We're getting married Oct. 20 in my hometown in Minnesota. I've been checking things off quite quickly in the last month or so, and we're getting to the point now where we will have to wait to do more closer to October.

But anyways! My question... My FI and I had a converstation the other night about giving gifts the day of the wedding to each other, and apparently he has mine already picked out :) I've been thinking about it, but I really don't know what I would give him that he already doesn't have, or something that he won't go out and buy before then. (He's SUPER hard to shop for!) Is anyone exchanging gifts the day of? If so, what are you ladies giving your men?

Re: New to the board....with a gift question!

• Lol Socks to battle cold feet!

We probably won't give gifts.  I'd rather exchange letters to read the night before since we aren't staying at the same place...

What are his hobbies?  Interests?  Anything nice he wouldn't get for just the wedding?  Like a nice watch or something?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • My FI is OBSESSED with watches, so that is definitely what I am doing for him.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• OP - If your SN is your real full name, I'd consider changing your SN for security sake.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_new-to-the-boardwith-a-gift-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:0a11e772-5023-45b6-a043-da9bd6db689bPost:e7b43f39-45fa-4730-9c2f-ff09033c0b99">Re: New to the board....with a gift question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OP - If your SN is your real full name, I'd consider changing your SN for security sake.
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

It's not...but thank you! :)
  • We have talked about doing matching Movado watches but I am not sure if they are still in the budget.  As someone else asked, whay are his hobbies? That might help us with some suggestions.

PS Welcome to the board.  Feel free to post more.

Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • well lets see...he's really into sports...I think he owns every hat and T-shirt ever made with the Twins and Gophers on it :) He's such a laid back go-with-the-flow kinda guy and definitely doesn't get too excited about much of anything. :)
  • I got him cufflinks that go with our wedding theme
  • had26had26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    If he's really into sports you could maybe get him tickets to a game?

Congrats and welcome! October 2012 is the best board!! 
  • I have yet to figure out what I'm getting FI, but I did get him a Tissot watch as a graduation present this past December.

A couple of ideas I have are some items that he would use when we go hiking, but he likes history too so it might take some time to narrow the list down. I just base my list off of hobbies and interests.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards