October 2012 Weddings
Options

I must be nuts!!

So I decided to decorate my shoes for the wedding, I bought a plain pair of heels that I love and did my homework and started buying packs of swarovski jewels to glue on them to "bejewel" them. I guess my own knock off louboutins LOL well the pack of jewels came in the mail today and WOW! The 300 piece pack I ordered is only 1 tablespoon worth of jewels LOL

this is going to take forever!!!! (thank god I have so much time) but now I'm just thinking "What did I get myself into!" but on the same note I really wanna do it!

oooo boy! If you start reading really weird posts from me that sound totally crazy and just random words that prob means I was gluing all night long and am prob a high off glue LOL

Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary

Re: I must be nuts!!

• Options
    acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I have so much respect for all of you that are doing so much DIY... totally not in my skill set. I want to see these heels when they're done!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    oo yea once they are done i will def put up bragging pics lol   might take a while tho, thank god there is plenty of time right
  • Options
    You should take pics of the process haha.  That way you feel like you're making progress... and because I wanna see!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    I think its great you are doing it yourself, they will always mean something to you after the wedding. I wish I was that talented. PICS of the process please!! Cant wait to see. Def before and after pics too! Good luck!

Mana-love your FI's hat...go CHEVY!
  • Options
    Fishing - haha funny thing is, FI has a ford and a dodge... SMH.  But I think he's turning both trucks in for a Chevy Cruze when he starts college and the 100 mile/day commute.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options

You are not alone in this girl. I am blinging up my shoes with blue rhinestones and so far I have done one heel (while watching TLC all week with wedding episodes). This is one project that I'm so looking forward to doing and so excited about it. I'll be working on it this weekend while I watch the royal wedding (I actually taped it hihi).
    So here is my advice: be patient! hihi I know some points will be hard lol...
    Take lots of pictures, that's what I'm doing, I'll put them up to show my process.
    Good luck!

October 2012 Sig: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    In Progress Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am also strassing a pair of shoes right now. I didn't buy the swarovski crystals, I went with cheap ones becuase well I'm cheap hahaha. I purchased a package of 10,000 3mm rhinestones ( http://www.the-crafts-outlet.com/servlet/the-81/Clear-facetted-Acrylic-foil/Detail ) I am starting to worry that I may not have enough, but it might be because the bag is so small and deceiving. Post pictures of your progress, when I get home I will too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ok I loove this idea! I am totally stealing it! I dont know if I am going to do the whole shoe,  maybe Just a design on a colored heel? I dont know but I want to DIY alot and have not even started making a list of stuff to do...

also FH works a swing shift so I can work on them when he is on nights! so he will not see them!
    imageimage OCT 2012 May Siggy! Engagement rings! Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    haha thats awesome. i hope he get a chevy...they are the best. he wont be sorry!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_must-nuts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:0ec56e62-a310-4b9a-90b1-998cf3c736cePost:27a2dbfd-86cf-4126-8ed4-b884e4d2cd98">Re: I must be nuts!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also strassing a pair of shoes right now. I didn't buy the swarovski crystals, I went with cheap ones becuase well I'm cheap hahaha. I purchased a package of 10,000 3mm rhinestones ( <a href="http://www.the-crafts-outlet.com/servlet/the-81/Clear-facetted-Acrylic-foil/Detail" rel='nofollow'>http://www.the-crafts-outlet.com/servlet/the-81/Clear-facetted-Acrylic-foil/Detail</a> ) I am starting to worry that I may not have enough, but it might be because the bag is so small and deceiving. Post pictures of your progress, when I get home I will too.
    Posted by Heath66[/QUOTE]

i actually found them in bulk on ebay, i got all different sizes cause i figured i would need the super small ones to fill in the gaps.  i will def need to make a few orders on the jems cause i  know i will need ALOT more then i even thought i would. i am soooo wishing i has smaller feet lol

i will def make my own lil photo album of the shoes threw out the process :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards