October 2012 Weddings

QOTD 6/13

2»

Re: QOTD 6/13

• We both don't want kids. He's adamant that he is never going to want kids, but I feel like I might change my mind if my clock starts ticking. ;)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We both want kids, but are definitely not ready. We are going to wait another 3 years, and then start talking about it and our plans. He definitely wants one, but I really want two...so I am working on him with that. He used to want two until all of my cousins and friends had kids now he only wants one! lol
    weddingpic
  • We want kids...we both agreed to having 2.  I'm an only child and while it was fun to not have to share toys,etc when I was little, now it's not so fun to not have siblings.  I have no one to say "remember when..." with.  My cousins are a lot younger than me, so they weren't around/don't remember most of my childhood.

I'd like to have our first baby before I'm 30, we'll both be 27 at the time of our wedding, but the timing of everything gives me major anxiety.  We're definitely not having kids before I finish my Ph.D. (about a little less than a year left of that).  Then, I'll be applying for fellowships and most likely moving to the DC area, and really don't want to be pregnant while doing a fellowship.  

I guess when the time is right, we'll know it.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are in our early to mid 30's and we have made the decision not to have children.
    Photobucket
  • WE both want to have children.  Well, I would like more than one but FI wants just one.  When someone says 'wait until you have children."  FI corrects them and says "When we have child" lol.  I am hoping it is twins, hehehe.
    As for when we will start it wil probably be soon after the wedding because as FI said 'we are getting old we better have a kid soon'.  LOL we will be 31 at the wedding and have been together for 7 years.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are planning for at least one. We have talked about trying about a year and a half or two from now. I want to be pregnant by 35. I am 33 now. It all also depend on the work situation. We have been talking about moving out of state but I am trying for a 25 raise. We'll see though...
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We both want kids. FI wants 2 but I would like 2 to 3. As far as when we'll start TTC, I'm hoping that we will be able to start next spring or summer.
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_qotd-613?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:13936694-57d1-4a5b-b5c8-4ec15f3a70a6Post:bc9f2391-49cf-4250-ba57-bc519de4a76b">Re:QOTD 6/13</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:QOTD 6/13: Bless you for doing this. I'm a social worker who used to work in the foster care system, and I can tell you that good foster parents are in short supply. There are even fewer who are willing to potentially adopt older children; everyone wants babies. We could definitely use more people with your mindset!
    Posted by pockysquirrel[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  :) 
    Counting the days until I marry the man of my dreams. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We both will be turning 30 next year and want 2-3 kids for sure. Were going to start trying soon, bc is done in August and wont actively try until after the wedding is over. I want to have a baby by the end of 2013.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_qotd-613?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:13936694-57d1-4a5b-b5c8-4ec15f3a70a6Post:badb3484-ba9c-41cf-a5c1-e5e64bb0b475">QOTD 6/13</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you and FI planning on having kids?  Do you have any plans on when you are going to start?  How many do you want? For those of you that have kids already, how many do you have?  Are you planning any more?
    Posted by Cathyl7910[/QUOTE]
    Marrying my first love and best friend! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my FH and I have been together for 7 and a half years. we never had a break up, a break or anything like that. And we never got sick of eachother and I can count our fights on one hand (mostly has to do with my monster in law to be). We had goals that we both wanted to fulfill and wanted to get ourselves out of school and established as professionals before marriage. during my last sesmester of nursing school we found out i was expecting. we basically put the wedding stuff on hold and concentrated on being the best parents we can be. Parenting is that best gift that we share. Our son is amazing and suprises us every day.

We both are aching for another child but I want to wait until after our marriage and embrace our pregancy. I think we will only have one more though. these are some of my favorite pictures of our little familySmile

Photobucket invite1
  • We both want kids, 2 to 3,  I know he wants them sooner than I do.  I want to wait about 5 years, so maybe start trying 4 years into our marriage.  FI has no idea about kids, I have 7 nieces and nephews and the responsibility of children scares the crap out of me after seeing what my sibilings have gone through.  I did have one rule, we need to vacation in Europe if he wants kids.  There is a lot of things we need to do togetrher before kids come into the mix, traveling is one of them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_qotd-613?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:13936694-57d1-4a5b-b5c8-4ec15f3a70a6Post:30983a84-1e7b-4bc4-a327-59b16df137a5">Re: QOTD 6/13</a>:
    [QUOTE]we want kids asap!!! lol but we are both over 30 and love kids. i want 3 fi wants 2  but we will have to see what happens after the first 1!!!
    Posted by PattySmith101[/QUOTE]

<div>This is us exactly...except for maybe the timing.  We'll probably wait at least a year before trying.</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • pengy16pengy16 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    im still on the fence about having kids(i turn 26 saturday so im in no rush), but FI wants them soon (he turns 30 this year so he is pushing more). We will probably have 2 kids. He at least wants a boy. Right now we are kind of long distance because of his job (truck driver) so I told him we could start talking about kids once he has a job he comes home everyday from since I dont want to start a family while its mainly me doing all the work. He started looking for a job closer to home since. lol. if it were up to me we wouldnt have them for at least another 5 years but we will probably have our first within the next two years. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We don't have any plans to have kids. Apparently when I was seven I told my Mother I never wanted children and at 29 have yet to change my mind. My FI is open to the idea of having kids if I want to but doesn't care (right now anyway) if we never do. You never know what may happen down the road though.
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We definitely want a big family.  both of us are in the 4 kids range, as long as my body allows for it (had a heart condition for the past three years).  Ideally, we would stop trying NOT to get pregnant around Christmas, and actively trying around february.  I'm a bridesmaid in april, and don't want to be showing at that point yet, just because we picked our dresses already and it is a little more fitted.
    458 Invited image
    300 Yes image
    78 No image
    80 Are making my stalk mailbox image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards