October 2012 Weddings

It is a darn good thing...

That we are having a long engagement! I am having all kinds of trouble deciding what I want. It was easy when we weren't engaged but now I keep thinking how I only have one chance and now I can't decide on anything!

For example, I really want to play up the fall theme. I chose October because fall is my favorite time of year. I wanted brown bridesmaids dresses but then I figured they wouldn't go with black tuxes, so I thought maybe I'd do champagne. But, will champagne REALLY fit into my fall theme. I won't have it much else other than the dresses.

And picking the date? Oh man. I had my heart set on October 6, but it turns out October 13 work a better for my FI with work. So I decided to go with the 13. But in my crazy little mind, I feel like the 6th will warm and nice out, but the 13th will be cold because it's a week later. Will a week make a difference? No, probably not. I keep I'll pick a date and regret it later!

Anyone else having these problems? Or is it just my OCD?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: It is a darn good thing...

• October 13th is going to be a bright and sunny day and the high will be 72 degrees. The 13th is our date so I keep on telling myself that the weather is going to be beautiful!!

I know what you mean about flip flopping. First I was in love with a satin dress then I decided that I didn't want satin, so then I fell for a taffeta and lace dress but Maggie Sottero decided to discontinue that dress. Now I am crazy about an all lace Allure gown. AND to make matters worse I haven't even tried on dresses yet, that is going to be a headache and a half to find a dress!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm not even making any decisions about anything other than venue (and maybe photographer and DJ) until the end of this year because I know I'll change my mind a million itmes. I'm just collecting ideas but not settling on anything, because I know I'd flip flop too!
    Photobucket
  • October 13 is going to be absolutely gorgeous.... At least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself since that's my date too, and we're getting married outside.

But yeah I haven't begun to think about much anything as far as colors. I'm having a hard enough time deciding what color *I* want to wear. (I've narrowed down to 3 possibilities). I've made some decisions, but it's all very vague decisions (like bridesmaids can pick their own attire within the loose guidelines I give them).
  • i keep flip flopping myself, when we booked the hall they offered us april 1st (2011) at an awesome price and he kept telling us "planning a wedding in 4 months  is LESS stressfully then having over a year, your cant change your mind"  now im realizing he was right
    Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Both FI and I are both indecisive people, We like something one minute then hate it the next and look for something else. FI picked our date while we were laying in bed one night :P Our anniversary is October 16th and we love fall. He randomly blurted out a date and scared the ever lovin beejeesus out of me!.

Champagne does go with fall watch.... I am on a mission now... I will page you in a few.
  • I agree, I think champagne is a fall color. Unfortunately I cannot tell you anything about a week different in temperature up North, here in Florida...another story. Hot! haha I am a HORRIBLE decision maker, I can never decide on anything esp going out to eat. I am trying to book a venue and keep worrying that the one I want isnt The One, but deep down I know it is. So, thats commitment too, but im nervous my mind could change later down the road. I like what Irish said. I think if I had less time to plan I wouldnt have this issue. 
    Good luck girl! 
  • I'm a flip flpper to a point too, but since I already paid for my dress (our wedding was supposed to be much sooner, but there were booking issues with the venue) I'm trying to keep myself from looking at other dresses and keep reminding myself of the reasons I went with this one lol.
    I love the idea of champagne though!  It reminds me of vanilla and cozy things. :)  I think it could be very fallish!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards