Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Noob!

Hey all!

I'm new to the website as well as this board.  I jumped in posting and thought I should introduce myself.  I'm Amanda, from Chester County, but I moved for work to MD.  As of now, I'll be having the wedding in PA.  The "winner" so far is Meredith Manor in Pottsville, PA.  There is one place in MD I want to look at, but I think PA will be easier for the majority of the guests. 

Can someone explain some of the lingo on here:  OOT etc?  I work for the Army so I like to make up meanings of acronyms for fun haha.  I'm guessing Out of town?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my 2012 shelf:
Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)

Re: Noob!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hah  I love it 'noob!' cute!   WELCOME to the board!

OOT is out of town.  :) good guess!! Anything else?  There is some of the abrv on this site. http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/the-knot-about-us/articles/community-frequently-asked-questions.aspx

Hope that helps (HTH)
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and happy planning! I found the ladies (and one guy) on this board so helpful throughout the planning process! The lingo can feel a little like we're all talking in code at times...
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  The lingo can take a little getting used to, I'm still trying to figure some of it out, haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha I saw HTH at the end of a post and thought it was their initials! 

Thanks for the link.  I might have to reread some posts after my crash course in knottie lingo.  Now STDs make so much more sense - THANKS!

LadyJ10 - I think it's funny how each little community does that.  I'm on another website for health and fitness and it's totally different lingo on their boards. 
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! :-)
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome!

I still giggle when I read something along the lines of "I got my STD's!".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I read STDs in non wedding stuff I have to remember that it's not Save the Date.
    When I was wedding planning I would write STD to other people or say and it and they didn't get it ... awkward situations.

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha Noob. I think you'll fit in perfectly here. Lingo definitely takes getting used to. Welcome to the board and happy planning!!!

*~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!  Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the board!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the welcomes!

I do have to confess: I'm "unoffically engaged".  LONG story, but I picked out a ring, I know he has it (he's so bad at secrets!), just waiting for certain things to happen first then he'll offically propose.  We call each other FI (see I'm using the lingo!) and he's moving in this weekend, just the formality of a ring.  We aren't good at following the tradition timelines... I'm sure I'll be excited and post when he does pop the question offically!
    my 2012 shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards