October 2012 Weddings

Happy but Sad....

I just found out that one of my best guy friends from college is expecting a baby!!......2 weeks before my wedding....  I'm so very happy for them, but there is a tiny part of me that is really sad he won't be at the wedding.  I know it's silly, and obviously babies are way more important than one day, but at the same time, there is a part of me that is frustrated with FI because he was the one that waited over 4 years to propose, while all of our friends moved right along.  One of the tough things about being one of the last in a group to get married is that a lot of the others are moving forward with the next step by this point.  Anyway, I hope a few of my friends are able to make it, but if not, I'm still so happy to marry FI!

Re: Happy but Sad....

• That is so exciting!! FI's BM is expecting a baby due the day before our wedding....here's hoping for an early birth :)

We're lucky because FI's friends are all married but a lot don't plan on having kids. With my friends, we're the second ones to get married, and the other married couple isn't having kids yet. But since BM and his wife announced their pregnancy, FI and I have had major baby fever!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • He still may very well come. I've been to plenty of weddings with VERY new babies. They don't stay late but a lot of times if it's a good friend they'll make the effort.

I can understand feeling kind of bummed though about the life stage. Some of my close friends have all had babies at the same time and would talk about stuff they all did together while on mat leave that I obviously couldn't be there for since I was at work. I knew it wasn't a slight against me but I still felt left out sometimes.

Anniversary
  • I had a dream last night about babies. All these people I know, that aren't actually pregnant in real life, were pregnant in my dream. They were all showing off their bellies. There was even a group of three sisters in my dream that were all pregnant . . . none of them even have kids yet in real life.

Baby fever much?!?!

Sorry if that was slightly off topic.
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh I'm soooo very happy for them, and I don't take it as a slight that he most likely won't be able to come.  I'm getting married in CA, and he lives in Kansas City, so I think there is a significant chance he won't be able to come.  Another one of our friends is getting married less than 2 months before me (One of my August IA trips), so I could see him not coming too.  I truly hope my BM comes with her 1.5 m/o baby, but I totally understand  if she doesn't.  I will either be really surpised and happy if all  of them come, or perfectly fine if they can't.

I'm sure baby fever will start once I see all these babies, but for now, we are still looking at a year or so out!

• I know how you feel about everyone moving on. All my close friends have babies and most are married. Plus, my little sister recently had a baby, so I'm just surrounded by it lol. I understand being bummed, it's always hard when someone close to you can't be at an importanat event. Congrats and best wishes to your friend!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Awww that is a happy/sad moment. Sorry to hear that.
    weddingpic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards