October 2012 Weddings
Options

silly question....

I really should probably know the answer to this...but I don't..
Am I supposed to give/send an invitation to the pastor marrying us? I told you it was a silly question...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: silly question....

• Options
    If you have a relationship with them, it would be nice of you to send them an invite as well.  If they are just another vendor you hired to marry you, then no, you don't have to.  Our officiant is someone we found online and is just a vendor.  We have no relationship with him and we're not inviting him.  I think most officiants like that would decline anyway.   
    Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
  • Options
    Oh well in that case they should probably get one....he is my Aunt she is married to my moms bro and has been for like going on 30 yrs Vicki's brother. So almost family. He wouldn't necessarily be on the invite list if he wasn't marrying me though but he is who I really wanted to do it..even though the pastor of the Church we are marrying in is my cousins husband. It was important that who married us had known my Dad..nothing against my Churches pastor at all..I just needed to feel like whoever married us knew my Dad enough to know he would have blessed the marriage. It sounds weird when I say it but really that's all it was.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are having a judge marry us and he is a coworker of my dad.  We did send him an invitation because he and his wife are invited to the reception.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My Dad is marrying us so I sent him one Cool
  • Options
    My family has been attending the church we're getting married at since before my brother and I were born. The pastors are both good friends of the family so of course we're sending them an invitation.

IMO if you're just having a JOP or hiring an officiant for a non-church wedding and you have no relationship with them then I wouldn't but if you are getting married in a church there's usually some pre-marital counselling and some kind of relationship has been formed so I feel it's only proper to send them an invitation. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I was actually wondering the same thing.  I suppose I will mail one to him and his wife.  I intended on inviting him, I just wasn't sure if you verbally tell them or send the formal invite.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We actually gave our pastor an invite on our last meeting that just had all of the info on it and a little map that we included in all of our invites.  We didn't put an RSVP in there, we just wrote them in as two, him and his wife, as attending.
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_silly-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:35bacb7c-ff6c-4fa0-bd12-5e4199b1663fPost:5c4408cf-f714-461b-bb17-b8d18ade2973">silly question....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really should probably know the answer to this...but I don't.. Am I supposed to give/send an invitation to the pastor marrying us? I told you it was a silly question...
    Posted by krystlelynn212[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, you would invite the pastor if you have a relationship with him. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
    44 image are ready to party!
    31 image declines
    0 imagecan't find the bleeping mailbox
    RSVP Date: Sept 24
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards