Options

Morning!

TGIF!

Any news in Philadelphia? 

Re: Morning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    TGIF!

I don't watch the news much, it makes me sad. But the weather will be warmer today, however it will be rainy and stormy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  The Flyers play game 7 of the playoffs tonight.  If they win it would be a major come back.  In other news, even though I told everyone I don't want to know what the weather will be on my wedding day I still got 4 emails yesterday with forecasts!  It's supposed to be gorgeous but I don't want to get my hopes up in case it changes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good Morning!  Whats new in London?

Philly is pretty icky right now, but hopefully it clears up this afternoon. 

FI and I are headed up to Scranton for a wedding,  first one I will be attending since being engaged, so i know ill be obsessed with checking out every detail, haha.

Congrats on passing your exam NCV, by the way! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    QT I'm thinking about you!  People always have to go and ruin your good plans. 

Thanks for the congrats!

We got a new Prime Minster Tuesday.  It was so strange, yet interesting to see.  I'm sorry if I already wrote about it, I forget.  They had a really good segment on the Daily Show which I saw last night, but was on for you guys the night before.  Jon said all the tings I was thinking as an American looking on. 

Now I am hoping for the pound to bounce back to an all time high so I can throw a kick ass wedding and buy a house in the US to rent out while still living here;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!  Philly news media has been recapping the 1985 MOVE conflict.  Considering I was 3 when it happened and dont remember any of it, its very disturbing to read the events.  It definitely puts the attitude of W. Philly in perspective.  http://www.philly.com/philly/news/93137669.html

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I remember MOVE happening, in that I remember the bomb, but I didn't really know what was going on. 
    I think I remember other thinks after the fact- Ramona Africa, people talking about how they didn't use toilets and it smelled.  That is my 6 year old impression anyway. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    good morning!

I don't know who else saw the little girls from CA doing the Single Ladies dance for a competition. Click here to watch. Their performance and costume are causing a lot of controversy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nicole- My jaw DROPPED watching that! That is TERRIBLE.. who lets their daughter dance like that, and wear those outfits! Sick.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE] FI and I are headed up to Scranton for a wedding,  first one I will be attending since being engaged, so i know ill be obsessed with checking out every detail, haha. Posted by N&R2010[/QUOTE]

Too funny -- FI and I were just in Scranton for a wedding last weekend! It was the first of the season for us -- 6 more before our wedding in October! And I was obsessed with finding things I knew I didn't want, lol. For instance the ceremony was outside and there were 200+ people there -- no one could hear the officiant at all. And at the cocktail hour there was no where to dispose of your empty plates/cups.

But have fun this weekend!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_morning-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:2b9150c1-25f7-4874-a3b7-8eb1a6b6fb0fPost:639531df-f2ea-46b2-8812-8d7d99fcedca">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]nicole- My jaw DROPPED watching that! That is TERRIBLE.. who lets their daughter dance like that, and wear those outfits! Sick.
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

Eh I have the opposite opinion. Those girls have some talent! As for the costumes, that is what is worn in dance competitions. To me they are more covered in those costumes then some bathing suites little girls wear to the beach.
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning! I have no news, and am too lazy to scroll to yesterday's post, who was it that had their tasting last night, and how did it go? Cara, was it you?
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nicole- yea they have talent but it is not appropriate for them to dance like adults. haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies!

Ugh I am getting over being sick, and I don't get sick often! There's a virus going around and I had a bad sore throat, congestion, slight fever, body aches and general misery- finally feeling better today and am back to work. Ladies- wash your hands and rest up don't want anyone else getting sick!

I have to work a recruting event tomorrow for a few hours so my weekend doesn't officially start until after that, but the good news is that FI and I are meeting with our top pick of photogs so far today in the afternoon :)

Happy weekend everyone! Go Flyers!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning!  Happy Friday!

Yes, it was me!  We had our tasting last night, tried a variety of salads and four different entrees.  By some miracle of god, we all agreed!  It looks like we're offering a chicken, beef/fish duo and a separate fish.  I would have been good with chicken and duo, but my father felt strongly about offering the fish separately.  He'd love to offer the beef on its own, but its seriously about $20 more than the duo.  Crazy! 

FI and I also picked a cake design last night (getting one from our venue), so I'm happy to have that checked off the list!  Tonight my MOH and I are going shopping to see what lingerie I can squeeze myself into for B-pics.

Nicole - are you working Chammps tonight? I hope its not too insane with all the flyers people!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cara - No work tonight! I have my grade school 10 year reunion. (Yes I am young, I believe I am the baby of the board? ) 

I kinda wish I was working to make more money! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nicole- How old are you? I just had my HS 10 year reunion last year. LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Nicole- How old are you? I just had my HS 10 year reunion last year. LOL
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

I had mine last year too :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    23 :) FI High School 10 year is this year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nicole, is it really a grade school reunion? I don't think we ever had those.  I had my HS 10 year a few years ago.  It was fun, but now I feel like Facebook is kind of a reunion kill-joy.  You already know what people are up to, who got fat, etc.  lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess more of a get together, since most of us all still live in the same 10 block radius :) Our grade school don't actually organize it. One of my girlfriends and I threw it together our selves.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG - to be 23 again... I swear the lines on the face start the day you turn 25! ugh - the ones on my forehead are hideous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards